Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 07:43 AM

119 posts, read 468,884 times

Advertisements

I went to see my elderly neighbors Saturday and this dog came over and greeted me. She was so sweet. She didnt jump up on me and her whole body was wagging. I petted and loved on her and she almost purred. I told her to sit and she did. My neighbor said that someone had obviously dumped her off and she just stayed on their front porch. My neighbor's husband really fell for the dog but they are snow birds and were leaving for the south on Wednesday and they were worried what would happen to the dog. I told them that I would try to find her a home and if they left before I found a home for her that I would take care of her. On Monday I sent out an E-mail about this wonderful older girl and my assistant called me last night because she had sent the E-mail on to her best friend and the friend had just lost her older adopted dog and was looking to adopt another one so she called my neighbor and her husband is going to get the dog this morning.

Here is a pic I took of this dog(I call her Maggie May)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1286890986
Attached Thumbnails
Happy story: Dog finds new home-maggie-may.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,067,798 times
That's definitely a happy ending for this cute little girl. Thanks for helping her find her new home!!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,174,614 times
That definitely warmed my heart on this chilly morning. Thank you!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,614,111 times
Aww so good to hear! And what a pretty girl, love those ears!!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:00 AM

295 posts, read 1,216,262 times
It's great that you were proactively responsible and may have saved this dog's life. But unless your neighbors actually saw someone dump her, she could just be lost. She doesn't look like she's been "on the streets" for very long, and her socialization and responsiveness to commands show that she has been cared for and trained. I hope you tried to locate her owner(s) by checking with Animal Control, other lost/found resources, and had her scanned for a microchip before seeking a new home for her.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:39 AM

119 posts, read 468,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom View Post
It's great that you were proactively responsible and may have saved this dog's life. But unless your neighbors actually saw someone dump her, she could just be lost. She doesn't look like she's been "on the streets" for very long, and her socialization and responsiveness to commands show that she has been cared for and trained. I hope you tried to locate her owner(s) by checking with Animal Control, other lost/found resources, and had her scanned for a microchip before seeking a new home for her.
Shroom,

My neighbor did call all around and talked to the rural neighbors to try to find this dogs owners. She didnt have a collar on but I know that collars are often lost. The people who are coming for the dog are rural locals and were told that if the owners come looking for her then we would give them their phone number. Unfortunately we are kind of in the middle of no where so no one micro chips their dogs and very few places could read the chip if they did. Being on the edge of a tiny town we get a lot of dogs dumped in our area because it is just enough rural that people feel they can dump them but close enough to the rural highway that they dont have to go out in the country too far.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM

19,855 posts, read 66,013,481 times
Good ending - what sweet eyes she has.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,097,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Good ending - what sweet eyes she has.

my thoughts EXACTLY.....

i just love a happy ending......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs