Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 AM

84 posts, read 195,891 times

Advertisements

So I have a little story to share with all of you...

*This is 100% real-life, occuring every day, probably as you read this*

At a local veterinary clinic on long island, New York, there is a doctor who owns and operates the facility.

When he brings a dog in for their surgery or procedure, there are always 1-3 dogs at all times that bark in a frenzy

...dogs can sense when other dogs are in pain I suppose?

Well, the doctor doesn't like this very much. Barking can be annoying sometimes.

The doctor injects barking dogs with narcotics and tranquillizers such as Ketamine, and other drugs im not quite sure of.

He overdoses them so horribly that the vet's assistants pull completely paralyzed dogs from cages and the dogs can barely lift their heads up...but they are fully awake

The scene is said to look like lifeless corpses other than their open eyes that follow your ever move

Apparently this clinic goes through "vet's assistants" very quickly once the assistants know too much

The doctor fires them for no reason once he feels they might "snitch", because he also practices other illegal activies and does not follow NY State legal procedure when operating his clinic.

The doctor hires fresh faces constantly on a rotating basis to be able to continue his illegal activies at the clinic.

What do I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,649,387 times
YES- I would report it to whoever licenses his office I guess....I'm not sure who else you'd probably have to investigate it.
he shouldn't be doing that to those animals. I'll bet the owners do not know and wouldn't be very happy knowing he does this!
I'm not sure how you know, if you used to work there or what but if you feel inside that he is doing something wrong...I'd go with your instincts and report him. After all, animals cannot talk to us and if he's doing nothing wrong then he doesn't have to worry but it's better to be sure.
Good Luck.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:28 AM

31 posts, read 88,257 times
?????

Old 10-11-2010, 11:31 AM

5,104 posts, read 12,622,449 times
I would report it. They could plant some one in there as a tech to see if it is true and proceed from there. Being a dog owner I would be very upset if I felt my vet were doing that to my dogs. I also have to wonder if people that work there and do not report it could be liable too as aren't they just as responsible to see it happen then do nothing?

I know working in a human hospital if I saw something like that and kept my mouth shut I could not only loose my job buy my license and probably be held liable if it became a court case.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,634,957 times
Try to get some of those assistants to back up your claim and yes do report it.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:43 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,064,939 times
Why would you not report it if he is harming animals? It won't do you any harm to report him, and it may save the life of a pet.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,581,467 times
Sounds a bit too surreal........I don't know of any drug that paraylzes an animal and they are awake with eyes open following you.....succinyl choline but that stops you from breathing too ....

So why wouldnt all these fired people speak up? It is a lot easier to snitch on your boss when you don't have a job.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:27 PM

5,104 posts, read 12,622,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Sounds a bit too surreal........I don't know of any drug that paraylzes an animal and they are awake with eyes open following you.....succinyl choline but that stops you from breathing too ....

So why wouldnt all these fired people speak up? It is a lot easier to snitch on your boss when you don't have a job.

I think the OP is miss using the worl paralyzed " He overdoses them so horribly that the vet's assistants pull completely paralyzed dogs from cages and the dogs can barely lift their heads up...but they are fully awake" and should be using the word limp as a paralyzed animal would not be able to lift its head but an overdosed animal would be very limp making movement difficult but not impossible.

I also have to wonder why people that have quit have not reported it as that does not make them a very ethical bunch of people does it?

That is why I said report it and maybe they can place some one in there undercover as a tech and find out if it is even true so as not to ruin the vet's business if it is not true.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,141,691 times
I'd report it to anyone and everyone who would listen!

Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,649,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post

Actually there is a drug they give animals before they euthanize them. It doesnt paralyze them really as much as "dopes them up" where they barely can move and don't fight you.
I dont know what it is called. I saw it administered several times during training at Animal Control (which I only lasted a few weeks...) in Pima County....a horrible, horrible place for animals and to work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs