Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,455,971 times

Advertisements

I had a lady call me a couple weeks ago and ask if I'd trade her a crate for her new dog for something. I agreed. Today I got a call from her friend saying it's not working out with the dog and they've got to find a place for the dog.

I was torn. She's only about 10 months old and has been 'snapping' at the lady's 9 year old son. They think she's aggressive. I think it's more a dominance issue from never being properly trained and socialized. This lady was the third owner for this little girl. Plus the home she was born in at the breeders.

I talked to hubby and he agreed to take her in. She's an English Bulldog, registered for what that's worth. Obviously not really well bred but still a sweet little girl. Seems healthy but we'll get her in to the vet for an exam to make sure.

They just dropped her off. Poor lady cried the entire time and now the little dog is running around looking for her and crying. Keeps scratching at the door and window. I feel so sorry for her. To pass through four homes, including the 'breeders' in only 10 months is horrible for a dog. I'm sure she'll settle in. Could care less about the other dogs here but I'm hoping that will change and she'll relax and play with them.

They named her Camo. Not a fan of the name. I changed it to Cammie on her Petfinder listing. If anyone comes up with anything more fitting though, I'm definitely open to something new!

So............photos!
Attached Thumbnails
Another foster-042.jpg   Another foster-047.jpg   Another foster-037.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 11:47 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,681,873 times
awwww I feel so bad now..this makes me think of when I was thinking of giving Queen up and I had a vision of her running around looking for me. God bless you for taking the baby in hope she finds a loving home!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 AM

It's amazing how closely some dogs bond to their owners. She's still out there running from door to windows. I feel horrible. She's got to wear herself out before I can even start working with her. The good news is she's showed no aggression toward anyone or anything so I'm happy. I think it was a total dominance issue with her. And lack of training. She's just a baby. I know once we work with her a bit she's going to be a wonderful little kid for someone.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,094,312 times
This makes me so sad, but I'm so happy that Cammie is with you now, where she'll learn how to act like a lady. Oh wait until Munchi gets ahold of her -- that'll be fun!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:17 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,925,888 times
Poor girl! I hope it doesn't take long for her to get her forever home.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:26 PM

Oh Dawn, Munchi's attitude has already started. Such a freaking brat! But Cammie has relaxed and is doing wonderfully playing with Randy and Diva. They've been running and wrestling for a while. She can't get into the den (I didn't take down the center 2x4 in the old entry yet) so she just jumps over the couch to get in there. Smart girl. Munchi still hasn't figured how to get out of the room yet. She'll walk down the steps and then stand in there and cry until Randy goes in and she can follow him out. Good thing she's cute cuz that girl ain't gonna win any intelligence awards! LOL

Cammie finally came in the bedroom which is where we pretty much live. It's the old library, really big room, and we've got a living area in here with a loveseat and recliner and an office area with the desk and computer and the bed and TV. The dogs are as bad as we are and don't leave the room unless they need to go out to potty or get something to eat and drink. She followed Randy in a bit ago and hopped on the loveseat with him. She's relaxing!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,998,127 times
She certainly is a cutie and apparently knows how to enjoy the good life on the loveseat too.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:39 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,094,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Oh Dawn, Munchi's attitude has already started. Such a freaking brat! But Cammie has relaxed and is doing wonderfully playing with Randy and Diva. They've been running and wrestling for a while. She can't get into the den (I didn't take down the center 2x4 in the old entry yet) so she just jumps over the couch to get in there. Smart girl. Munchi still hasn't figured how to get out of the room yet. She'll walk down the steps and then stand in there and cry until Randy goes in and she can follow him out. Good thing she's cute cuz that girl ain't gonna win any intelligence awards! LOL

Cammie finally came in the bedroom which is where we pretty much live. It's the old library, really big room, and we've got a living area in here with a loveseat and recliner and an office area with the desk and computer and the bed and TV. The dogs are as bad as we are and don't leave the room unless they need to go out to potty or get something to eat and drink. She followed Randy in a bit ago and hopped on the loveseat with him. She's relaxing!
She settled in that fast? And is playing with Diva and Randy? Oh boy, Cammie's moving in. I know, I know... she's not. But I love how comfortable she is already.

Poor Munchi. She got in the personality line twice but skipped the brains line.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:57 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,608,436 times
Aww poor pup. At least she's in good hands now. She looks like a Callie to me. I can imagine calling her Callie-girl - Cammie is nice too.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:18 PM

ROFL. OMG Dawn, I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that! SOOOO true!!

Yep, she's all settled in now. She's on the bed wrestling with Randy and the two chi boys. She's made herself at home. And now, she's not staying! LOL I have no doubt she's going to get a wonderful home soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs