Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times

Advertisements

So my irresponsible dog owning neighbors are at it again. They have two puppies now, in addition to their three older dogs. The pups are little guys, cute and friendly as can be... but they know how to escape.

Last night both of them were in my back yard. I was able to catch one of them, as he's the one who is crazy about me and came right to me. Holding the puppy against my chest, I went to the side of their house where I could see the flicker of TV through the window, and I began yelling "YOUR PUPPIES ARE LOOSE, COME GET THEM!"

A young twenty-something girl opened the window, then proceeded to floor me with what she said:

• "The dog owners aren't home, I'm watching the house for them, and I'm afraid of the puppies, so I can't come get them."

• Can't you just drop him in the yard?" (yeah, I'm going to drop a puppy over a 6 foot fence onto concrete)

• "No, I can't unlock the gates, you'll just have to figure out a way to get him in the yard."

By this time the other puppy had taken off out into the street behind my house, mainly because a certain yellow and white fat girl with a purple collar had chased him there. I ain't namin names...

Since it was left up to me, I found a way to slip him under the bottom of the chain link out in their backyard. I was happy to see both puppies greeting me at the fence this morning for our customary snack time. The one that Tubby chased seemed no worse for wear... thankfully.

So I ask you: Who in holy frikkin hell would leave a person who is afraid of puppies fercrissakes in charge of five dogs? An idiot, that's who.

End of rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 07:08 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
So my irresponsible dog owning neighbors are at it again. They have two puppies now, in addition to their three older dogs. The pups are little guys, cute and friendly as can be... but they know how to escape.

Last night both of them were in my back yard. I was able to catch one of them, as he's the one who is crazy about me and came right to me. Holding the puppy against my chest, I went to the side of their house where I could see the flicker of TV through the window, and I began yelling "YOUR PUPPIES ARE LOOSE, COME GET THEM!"

A young twenty-something girl opened the window, then proceeded to floor me with what she said:

• "The dog owners aren't home, I'm watching the house for them, and I'm afraid of the puppies, so I can't come get them."

• Can't you just drop him in the yard?" (yeah, I'm going to drop a puppy over a 6 foot fence onto concrete)

• "No, I can't unlock the gates, you'll just have to figure out a way to get him in the yard."

By this time the other puppy had taken off out into the street behind my house, mainly because a certain yellow and white fat girl with a purple collar had chased him there. I ain't namin names...

Since it was left up to me, I found a way to slip him under the bottom of the chain link out in their backyard. I was happy to see both puppies greeting me at the fence this morning for our customary snack time. The one that Tubby chased seemed no worse for wear... thankfully.

So I ask you: Who in holy frikkin hell would leave a person who is afraid of puppies fercrissakes in charge of five dogs? An idiot, that's who.

End of rant.
Rant away Fontucky I would have ranted too. I am glad the puppies were safe this morning. These people need a talking to.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:37 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,473 times
You have to wonder if people like that think, "hmmm, since my neighbor is a caring, responsible person and he'll watch out for my dogs whenever I can't be bothered to do so, I'm going to get puppies to add to my collection!"

Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,128 times
people suck. plain and simple. ive got a new neighbor that has a dog. they put up a chain link dog run in their backyard in the middle of the grass with a tarp over the top and the poor dog has been out there ever since. last week we had a big storm, and next week theres gonna be another one. the dog was out there the whole time. i havent really seen or heard anyone interact with the poor thing...but what can i do? really? what can i do? ive been tempted to hope the fence and set it free lol. i dont know that animal control would even do anything about it.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 PM

553 posts, read 1,632,916 times
Quote:

End of rant.
Sounds like one idiot left another idiot in charge...how can a dogsitter be afraid of dogs, let alone friendly puppies?
Those poor dogs. At least you were there to catch the puppies and save them from playing in the street. Sounds like it's only a matter of time though. If they come over to "visit" Uncle Fontucky again, could you possibly contact a rescue group who could rehome them?

Oh, and would this tubby white and yellow girl be Nanners, worried about keeping the good life all to herself?

Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,288,802 times
People never cease to amaze me. This is the current status of a Facebook friend: FFS, both my cat and dog are in heat at the same time!

Um, perhaps fixing your animals would help? But no, she wants to breed the dog, and *maybe* the cat.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:54 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post

Oh, and would this tubby white and yellow girl be Nanners, worried about keeping the good life all to herself?

She ain't sharing me with any little upstarts. Nosiree.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 PM

553 posts, read 1,632,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez_304 View Post
people suck. plain and simple. ive got a new neighbor that has a dog. they put up a chain link dog run in their backyard in the middle of the grass with a tarp over the top and the poor dog has been out there ever since. last week we had a big storm, and next week theres gonna be another one. the dog was out there the whole time. i havent really seen or heard anyone interact with the poor thing...but what can i do? really? what can i do? ive been tempted to hope the fence and set it free lol. i dont know that animal control would even do anything about it.
My local humane society has a program where "officers" go out and educate people in the community about dog care. If the dog is getting food and water, I doubt that authorities take the dog, but you might want to check with your local animal control or shelter just in case.
Do you ever see them out and about? You could ask if you could play with the dog and see what they say.
If you do decide to set him free (and I would be tempted), take him to a shelter or rescue instead of leaving him to roam.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times
my response to loose dogs is a trip to the shelter (preferably no kill)

if its an accident ill give the benefit of the doubt the first time or 2 a dog gets loose, ill return them home and suggest they fix the fence (or get one) but after i know they know the dog can get out and i know theyve done nothing to fix the problem thats it...catch em and off to the shelter (or call animal control depending on how animal control is in your area...)

irresponsible owners like that need a wake up call, theyll soon stop buying dogs (and will fix their fence) if they have to keep paying to bust them out of the shelter...

Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,674 times
Quote:

By this time the other puppy had taken off out into the street behind my house, mainly because a certain yellow and white fat girl with a purple collar had chased him there. I ain't namin names... No idea who you could be talkin about

Since it was left up to me, I found a way to slip him under the bottom of the chain link out in their backyard. I was happy to see both puppies greeting me at the fence this morning for our customary snack time. The one that Tubby chased seemed no worse for wear... thankfully. Yeah Fontucky

So I ask you: Who in holy frikkin hell would leave a person who is afraid of puppies fercrissakes in charge of five dogs? An idiot, that's who. Idiot with a capital I

End of rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
People never cease to amaze me. This is the current status of a Facebook friend: FFS, both my cat and dog are in heat at the same time!

Um, perhaps fixing your animals would help? But no, she wants to breed the dog, and *maybe* the cat.
My head is starting to hurt with all these head slaps.

Quote:

She ain't sharing me with any little upstarts. Nosiree.
Smart girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs