Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,591,680 times

Advertisements

Today I will be heading back home ( and back to work) so Phoenix will be coming with me. She seems much happier but at times does look for my dad . Moving back in with me will be a big change for her as she has lived with my parents for about 6.5 years. Last week while I was gone my brother became quite fond of her as he was the one stopping at the house to feed her. He always use to say he wanted a collie instead he has bulldogs! Phoenix is close to a real collie in appearance. He said he would be willing to take her except she is totally terrified of the bulldogs with Jazz she is just very careful as she knows who the Queen is but she is not terrified.

I heard from the man behind my parents that one day as he and his wife were getting ready to leave on a trip they heard Phoenix barking which is rare and he looked over the fence and she was racing around head pointing up in the air barking non stop. He said they had wondered if something had happened but of course they did not check it out. I don't know if this is before she climbed in bed with my dad or after he was gone. But what Lassie behavior " Help Timmy fell down the well"

Last night I gated Jazz in a room which pissed her off as she loves to see trick or treaters as she loves kids.But handing out treats and dealing with two dogs especially when so many of the parents also have dogs in tow is too much and I let Dazzle greet kids at the door as he loves everybody. Phoenix is afraid of kids but wants to keep an eye on them if they are around she she stood in the dark kitchen where she could see the front door and watched,but was ready to run out the back door if any of the kids decided to come in.

As for Jazz her eye is about the same so hasn't really gotten any larger this past week so maybe the diet change and the antibiotic are slowing it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,034,727 times
hugs to you and phoenix and jazz and dazzle and the kitty (whose name escapes me.... )

i let dave greet the trick or treaters .... he was FASCINATED.....

bailey gets too wound up with all the door knocking and doorbell ringing.... she goes into that heeler-protect-me-and-mine mode.....

Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
Sorry you all have tom go through this adjustment. Phoenix will be fine once it all settles down.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:22 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,591,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
hugs to you and phoenix and jazz and dazzle and the kitty (whose name escapes me.... )

i let dave greet the trick or treaters .... he was FASCINATED.....

bailey gets too wound up with all the door knocking and doorbell ringing.... she goes into that heeler-protect-me-and-mine mode.....

Jazz goes into that nhigh alert heeler protect me mode too if it is teenagers but with the small ones she is fine, she also goes into that mode seeing the family dogs ( many in costumes) that come with the parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs