Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 02:32 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times

Advertisements

The nearest emergency facility for animals is 40 minutes from me so I want to be prepared for anything. What would you suggest I always have in the house for two 9lb dogs in case of whatever? Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 03:21 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,481,629 times
ASPCA | Disaster Preparedness

Good reminder for me to get this stuff together too.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:25 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,515,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
ASPCA | Disaster Preparedness

Good reminder for me to get this stuff together too.
Me too I really hadn't given it much thought since I live pretty close to my vet facilities but it never hurts to be prepared for anything..thanks

Old 11-13-2010, 03:45 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,868,108 times
my doggy first aid kit includes:

childrens liquid benadryl
kaopectate
uncoated baby asprin
gauze sponges
sterile non adherant pads
vet wrap (couple of rolls)
triple antibiotic ointment
rubbing alcohol
a digital baby thermometer (preferably a quick reader with a flexi shaft, for rectal use only!!!)
alcohol whipes for steralizing thermometer
cloth tape
small set of bandage scissors
tweezers
syringe
eye wash/saline solution for use as wash
quick stop
a small cotton (none self stick) bandage for fashioning a muzzle if needed
nutrical

i keep one kit in my car and one kit in an easy to acess place in the house, i also keep a pile of cheap towles of various sizes, some of those self heating and self cooling packs and a couple of blankets in a box next to the first aid kit.

i also keep a copy of the results of their last titers, copy of rabies cert, and vets info.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:06 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,515,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
my doggy first aid kit includes:

childrens liquid benadryl
kaopectate
uncoated baby asprin
gauze sponges
sterile non adherant pads
vet wrap (couple of rolls)
triple antibiotic ointment
rubbing alcohol
a digital baby thermometer (preferably a quick reader with a flexi shaft, for rectal use only!!!)
alcohol whipes for steralizing thermometer
cloth tape
small set of bandage scissors
tweezers
syringe
eye wash/saline solution for use as wash
quick stop
a small cotton (none self stick) bandage for fashioning a muzzle if needed
nutrical

i keep one kit in my car and one kit in an easy to acess place in the house, i also keep a pile of cheap towles of various sizes, some of those self heating and self cooling packs and a couple of blankets in a box next to the first aid kit.

i also keep a copy of the results of their last titers, copy of rabies cert, and vets info.
Thanks great list I am going to print this out. I do have just about all of it with the exception of the eyewash.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:30 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
Great list! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs