Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 12:33 PM

115 posts, read 195,066 times

Advertisements

my the other week has been sick and not eating as i had once posted on here previously. the other day i had now noticed that he had a bump on each side of his face, a little behind and above the mouth a little. not totally sure what it is. my dad said that he had seen that multiple times with peoples dogs and said that they just go away. so i'm not totally worrying. but i had panicked that it could be lymphoma. but my dad had said that he seen these things form, stay for a little while, then disappear and be as healthy as possible. all in many years in other peoples dogs. they dont seem to be bothering him or anything. he does play and wrestle with another puppy we have and thought maybe he got bit or something but theres no scratch or bite mark on top of the bumps. i've been praying like crazy. i have an appointment with my vet for his booster shots. and probably have them look at them while i'm there. has any of your dogs had them? just wondering as i had never seen them before. the pitbull we have has 'sprouted' one in the same exact place on his face as well.
kind of worried kind of not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 02:51 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Could they be infected glands? Infections are nothing to mess about and wait, they can get nasty if not treated.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:31 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,381,340 times
I've become an expert on everything that's happened to my high-maintenance dog but, this is new to me. There's a web-site that may help. Your dog's bumps sound minor, but here's a way to have an idea of what's going on: Causes of Solid-Appearing Lumps & Bumps on the Skin of Dogs
Best of luck! Let us know what you find out, please.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
We had a lab years ago that got those as she became a senior. It was nothing serious. I've had a dog with lymphoma and you will recognize the lumps as larger, softer, and mostly begining at the neck and leg lymph glands.

Let us know what the vet says and I'll put in a prayer it is not lymphoma or something else serious. The part that concerns me is your dog not eating and the appearance of the bumps combined. Hopefully they are not related. Be certain to keep your dog hydrated if he will not eat.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:41 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,724 times
One of my little dogs got a bump under her chin and I completely freaked out. I had it checked, and my vet told me it was a "granuloma" and nothing to worry about, that it would go away on its own. I used warm compresses and cleaned it with witch hazel, and it drained and went away, thankfully. It was SCARY, though! It's always better to check things out if you don't know what they are, even if it's only for peace of mind. Good luck!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:48 PM

115 posts, read 195,066 times
thankfully he has started eating just a few days BEFORE the bumps showed up. the lumps are slightly larger than just small bumps though. our vet said to just wait until he comes in for his boosters and he will check it out. theyre probably the size of a marble? kind of hard but not (like i said) marble hard. almost like as if its an abscess, but under the skin, the skin over it is fine and all but I've still been praying over it. i will be sure to make another post on this when i get it checked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs