Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

A couple of you were talking, on bulldogdad's thread about Brutus's anal sacs, how sometimes your dogs will naturally express themselves when they get frightened. This reminds me of something and I wanted to see if any of you have the same experience:

Sometimes it's a chore to get Artie to poop. You see, he likes to go in certain places, often up high on our neighbors' lawns (like, um, I could reach over and ring their doorbell, we're so deep onto their lawn).

I don't like trekking all over my neighbors' properties (pooperties! ) and, with the snow piled up so high by the road, we often find ourselves roadside. Artie seems to need "roadside assistance" to poop if I won't allow him to jump over the snowbank (thus requiring ME to jump on the snowbank).

Anyway. Fear.

There are two dogs -- on separate streets -- that are often on their front lawn. One is on a tie-out; the other has an electric fence. Artie is not friends with either one of them, and when we walk by, the barking is nutty-nutty cuckoo (by Artie and the other dog).

Often after one of these barkfests, Artie poops on the next lawn. I think it's fear-related. I think he's afraid of these two dogs (Artie? Afraid of something? I'm as shocked as you are.) and... they scare the poop out of him.

Anyone encounter this situation? Or is Artie the only freak on this board? Anyone? Anyone? Yeah, I didn't think so. Artie is a freakshow.

Last edited by DawnMTL; 01-05-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
maybe feed him some natural laxatives like pumpkin, bran, milk of magnesium or something so he cant hold it in

Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
MB poops out of fear. If something scares him, he'll just go. And, it's usually liquid. But, unlike your civilized dog, mine doesn't just do it in the outside. It's gotten much, much better but still, when you come to visit, don't do anything to frighten him!

PC is a stress pooper, never in the house thought. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pooping outside in the new place since his #1 stressor are annoying, yappy dogs that don't ever shut up and we seem to have one as a neighbor.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
maybe feed him some natural laxatives like pumpkin, bran, milk of magnesium or something so he cant hold it in
He's the king of fiber. He gets a teaspoon of Metamucil on his kibble twice per day. He eats carrots, peas, green beans, etc...

Oh, he HAS to go -- he's just VERY choosy about WHERE. Case in point: He has to be absolutely desperate to poop in our backyard. He doesn't want to dirty his playground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
MB poops out of fear. If something scares him, he'll just go. And, it's usually liquid. But, unlike your civilized dog, mine doesn't just do it in the outside. It's gotten much, much better but still, when you come to visit, don't do anything to frighten him!

PC is a stress pooper, never in the house thought. I have a feeling there will be a lot of pooping outside in the new place since his #1 stressor are annoying, yappy dogs that don't ever shut up and we seem to have one as a neighbor.
I was planning on wearing a mask and jet skiis when I come visit. No?

Poor PC. I suspect that he's going to get used to the yapping, should that happen to continue.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Beesley is a stress/fear pooper! Just ask Mag and her hotel room in AZ

Old 01-05-2011, 09:25 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Poor PC. I suspect that he's going to get used to the yapping, should that happen to continue.
Oh, he won't. The way he settles that at the dog park is if a dog yaps in his face long enough, PC will get on top of it and not let it up. Usually, it does the trick. Luckily, I can reach over the brick wall between us and the neighbors and just pick that thing up. They leave it when they are at work, outside all day long, so maybe if I put it in our yard, let PC set it straight it will no longer bark! I'm only half kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Yes, I can attest to that!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
neither of mine seem to be a stress or fear pooper .... dave just has to walk or run a bit to get things moving.... bailey does like to hide in the bushes ....

bailey has let her anal glands go when frightened though.... dave hasn't done that .... he just drools when he is nervous.....

Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
So I heard! From both of you! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Oh, he won't. The way he settles that at the dog park is if a dog yaps in his face long enough, PC will get on top of it and not let it up. Usually, it does the trick. Luckily, I can reach over the brick wall between us and the neighbors and just pick that thing up. They leave it when they are at work, outside all day long, so maybe if I put it in our yard, let PC set it straight it will no longer bark! I'm only half kidding.

Yes, I can attest to that!
MB will show PC how to relate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
neither of mine seem to be a stress or fear pooper .... dave just has to walk or run a bit to get things moving.... bailey does like to hide in the bushes ....

bailey has let her anal glands go when frightened though.... dave hasn't done that .... he just drools when he is nervous.....
So what you're saying is that Artie IS a freakshow. I knew it!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:45 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
oh d, .... they are ALL freak shows in their own wonderful freaky ways.....

Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
oh d, .... they are ALL freak shows in their own wonderful freaky ways.....
LMAO!!!!! You're so right. xo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs