Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 04:18 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,235,903 times

Advertisements

Necro thread, but we have about a dozen at any given time for the three of mine, and half of those are various balls for Taffy - she LOVES balls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 05:07 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
Wow! Loki has two regular large Kongs and one Kong bone thing with space on both ends to put the treats in. He also has a rope toy and usually one of those big white knucklebones, but right now he's out of those and I need to pick up more. He's a champion chewer and would devour a stuffed animal or a squeaky toy. Now I'm reading this and feeling like we need to buy him more toys, though!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:48 PM

22,844 posts, read 6,435,820 times
All caesar's toys are the colorful rope toys...any cute little things he rips apart, that includes ones
with tennis balls on them...I would say he probably has between 20-30 of those rope toys of
varying lengths.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:24 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,072 times
Izzy has a ton of stuffed animals and balls. When he was younger he used to destroy the stuffed toys within moments (even the rugged, 'designed to withstand any strong chewer' ones) but as he's gotten older (now 4) he tends to play with them more than chew. Eventually he does destroy them, but now it takes him weeks, sometimes months.

When I first got Izzy as a pup, my older dog Kaya had her own set of stuffed toys. Her favourite by far was a large pink "Arlene" from the Garfield comics, a toy that she'd had for years and cherished. But within two days, Izzy - all of 10 weeks old - had beheaded Kaya's precious Arlene. (RIP, Arlene...)

Old 06-16-2015, 04:39 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
We have 3 dogs and we're always tripping over their toys even though we have a couple of toy boxes. I received a shipment of toys last week and expect another one any day now. Our Pitt Dane loves the Kyjen Hide A toys and is very gentle with them but between the 3 of them any toy with stuffing and squeakers gets demolished.

That's the hardest part - finding non destructible toys. We've tried Kong, Tuffy and multiple others. I get off the cheapest going to the % Below store and getting a few soccer and basketballs. Even if they puncture them - they still love to play fetch with them - of course they too end up in the garbage once they start pulling pieces off of the covering.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:40 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Omg. So many.
I think it's cuz we don't throw them away...

Old 06-16-2015, 03:45 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
No toys. The papillons refuse to play with toys and Wyatt McRiot can shred the toughest toy within minutes.

All three dogs love a small squeaky squirrel from Dr Noys. It must be that specific toy and none other. I haven't been able to buy them for years. The last one is terribly frazzled. I let the Genuine Little Princess carry it around occasionally if Wyattt isn't home. I'm afraid to bring it out when Wyatt is home because he is crazy to get a hold of it and it is small enough for him to swallow whole in one gulp.

One of my long departed Papillons loved those little cheap plastic practice gold balls. The kind with all the holes in them. She'd drop them on a hard floor and then bat and chase them. It seemed to be more about making noise than chasing. She loved making noise. If she got one of the small squeaky squirrels she would stand there literally for hours, squeaking it until she finally drove one of the humans insane and got it taken away from her.

Long ago, my son had two Schipperker that loved to fetch whole walnuts in the shell. There was a race course set up with hurdles. Throw the walnut and we had "little dog walnut races" as they flew across the floor and over the hurdles, trying to be the first one to get the walnut. Neither one of them would play fetch with anything else.

Last edited by oregonwoodsmoke; 06-16-2015 at 03:54 PM..

Old 06-17-2015, 12:57 PM

188 posts, read 209,725 times
All of the toys. Nico has all of the toys.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:57 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
That's the hardest part - finding non destructible toys. We've tried Kong, Tuffy and multiple others. I get off the cheapest going to the % Below store and getting a few soccer and basketballs. Even if they puncture them - they still love to play fetch with them - of course they too end up in the garbage once they start pulling pieces off of the covering.
Sounds like % Below must be a discount store, like the Dollar stores here. This is similar to what I do; I often scavenge the local Salvation Army or Value Village thrift stores and find wonderful, durable stuffed toys as well as basketballs and soccer balls for my dog, and they usually are around $1 - $2 in cost. I have one stuffed 'soccer ball' that I found in a local thrift store bin for $2, and Izzy's had it now for almost a year, with only one tiny tear (fixed with needle and thread) in it so far.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:43 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
You guys are pikers. Meet Chaser. (Yes, she's a border collie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6479QAJuz8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs