Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:57 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Currently : male and female rottie, 2 male rat terriers, male and female chihuahua and a male cocker spaniel.

As a side note - they are all spayed and neutered, no breeding in this household ever!!
Wow! And I thought that our three APBTs were a hand full! lol! My husband keeps swearing to me that people don't have 3 dogs.. He says it's too many! I keep telling him that there are a lot of people out there with 3 or more dogs! I grew up down the street from someone that had 5 full grown St. Bernards in the house! If I counted right, that's 7 dogs. That's awesome.. what a great pet parent! If we could afford and handle more than three right now I would love to have more, but that will have to wait for a little while! Do all of you dogs get along? We just got our third, Jayda, and Jayda (our 7 1/2 month old female) and Destiny (our 6 month old female) play together all of the time and kind of leave Brooklyn (our 1 year 2 month old male) out of things! I always try to give him extra love when they do that because I don't want him to feel left out! I was just wondering if that was a normal thing when you have more than two dogs or an un even number of dogs? I also wanted to ask you, sinse you have to know quite a bit about dogs, if you think that they will all get use to each other in time, and quit leaving Brooklyn out?? They are all get along great and we have only had Jayda for 5 days (I think it's been 5 now??).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 05:06 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I rescued a Chessie from the local pound, but since I only had him a month did not count him. I have seen pumis at dog shows I think...are they med size & their hair grow in cords?

Too bad about the Chessie. Great dogs.

The dog you're thinking of is a puli, which is another Hungarian herding dog. The pumi is pretty much a puli but without the cords and a little terrier thrown in. Apparently the puli are sheep herders, while the pumi is a cattle herder; or at least that's there most common role.

These are pumis from The Hungarian Pumi Club of America:

Old 07-19-2007, 05:41 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Nice looking dog. I am going to follow your link to learn more. Thanks
the chessie was dropped at the pound the guy got him for hunting said he was gun shy. I did some basic obed with him Took him to a match in Northen VA some lady that raised chessies reconized his line, she called the breeder. So I gave him back to the breeder. I tried to rescue the pure breed dogs & retrain them then find them good homes this was in the 70s & early 80's. 2 years later I got a photo of the chessie Champion Field Dog! So why the guy dumbed him in the pound we never found out.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,955 times
That makes me very happy. I have a soft spot for Chessies. Exceptional dogs in my book.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:25 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I have owned mutts of course, 2 Yorkies, a Chihuahua, 3 Mastiffs, and a few Daschunds.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:07 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Five beagles have come and gone through my home. Alas, the wife is allergic, so no more doggies.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:13 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Hmm..... anyone else see the resemblance:

Old 07-20-2007, 04:59 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hmm..... anyone else see the resemblance:

Awwww....to cute....that breed reminds me of koala bears....lol....fuzzy ears, and soooooo cute!
My family always had German Shepherds, for as long as I can remember, and I grew up with them. We also had a Poodle when I was little, alongside a German Shepherd.
Right now I have a German Shepherd and a Mix......
It's kind of weird to think, that my Mix doesn't get along with any other dog, but the GSD is his best bud.
They are, literally, "partners in crime"....LOL.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:10 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Yep sure do!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:39 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
The only breed i will ever own:..... German Shepherd Dog. The intelligence, loyalty, aloofness, grace, majesty, love, friendship and dedication this breed provides, is what kept my love for the breed.

As a child i had a little Spitz, and some mix (Sheep dog/Golden). But it's always GSD that kept my interest. I am completely dedicated!!

Must be the ears!!! LOL

Here is my boy Sabre

http://intruecolors.smugmug.com/photos/149093802-M-8.jpg (broken link)

And my girl Roxy

http://intruecolors.smugmug.com/photos/128639281-M-9.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs