Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,892,018 times

Advertisements

My dog used to do that. We taught the command "leave it" and "take it"...using treats. I would put the treat either in my open hand or on the floor near the dog and say "leave it". If the dog tried to get the food, I would either close my hand, or simply block the food. Then "take it" (in an upbeat happy voice) and allow the dog to get the treat.

I can say "leave it", to anything outside and he won't touch it. I use that command on walks if we see a squirrel, a cat, candy wrappers....or poop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Hey Dazzle wants to know if Lanie would like to go out to dinner with him , he knows a great place to eat .

Dave just saw this and he is JEALOUS now..... he thought Dazzle was "his" special friend.....

Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 PM

553 posts, read 1,633,794 times
Quote:
Hey Dazzle wants to know if Lanie would like to go out to dinner with him , he knows a great place to eat .
Lanie would love to, but Dazzle ought to know she's not going to eat his poo before the third date

Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM

553 posts, read 1,633,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrl View Post
If you have a Greyhound rescue near you I bet they would be able to get you one. Also, be sure to get one with a "stool guard". Greys can still eat with a plain basket muzzle on.

Good luck!
I laughed so hard when I saw the stool guard. This is going to be an adventure!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:27 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,595,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
Dave just saw this and he is JEALOUS now..... he thought Dazzle was "his" special friend.....

oops!!Dave is Dazzles special guy friend he considers them to be twins from different mothers!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:32 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,595,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
Lanie would love to, but Dazzle ought to know she's not going to eat his poo before the third date

Dazzle is Ok with that as he is a very patient guy. He says if Lanies mom doesn't want her eating poop on the date she can come over for breakfast as he has been getting some of the malt o meal and green tripe when I make it for Phoenix and that is almost as good at least the smell is and the good thing is it doesn't make moms mad when you eat it as a matter of fact they serve it right in your bowl! go figure you get scolded for eating poop at the park then they serve you something that smells like it!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,978,156 times
Doesn't this mean you are not feeding your dog properly?

Old 02-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Not at all.....

some dogs are just attracted to it .... and apparently some more than others.....

Old 02-03-2011, 05:01 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,922,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Doesn't this mean you are not feeding your dog properly?
Not necessarily. Some dogs do it due to anxiety or stress. There's also a condition called Pica that causes them to want to eat everything. Sometimes I think my Corgi has a mild case of it. He's gotten better but he still loves trying to eat sticks, rocks, dirt.......the list goes on.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
oops!!Dave is Dazzles special guy friend he considers them to be twins from different mothers!
nice save.... .... i'll show this to dave when i get home and he will feel all better.....

Quote:
Dazzle is Ok with that as he is a very patient guy. He says if Lanies mom doesn't want her eating poop on the date she can come over for breakfast as he has been getting some of the malt o meal and green tripe when I make it for Phoenix and that is almost as good at least the smell is and the good thing is it doesn't make moms mad when you eat it as a matter of fact they serve it right in your bowl! go figure you get scolded for eating poop at the park then they serve you something that smells like it!

malt o meal and green tripe?? what kind of diet is the lovely phoenix ON??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs