Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:06 PM

553 posts, read 1,545,893 times

Advertisements

I don't see Pittie either. I'd lean toward GSD or a rottie mix. Could be Doberman too, who knows. She looks happy and congrats on your new baby! *hugs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Markings are similar to a rottie or doberman, I dont see any pit in her. How big is she and can you post some photos of her profile, ie entire body in a stand position - ? - laying down and facial photos don't really give a true picture. At any rate, she looks very sweet ;-)
I was thinking some doberman too. The face seems to narrow and the nose to slender and long for a pit or rottie. Though, with those markings she certainly has one or the other mixed in her background somewhere.

Great smile she has!

Old 02-07-2011, 07:07 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,224,291 times
Looks a lot like my Mia. She is part beagle by her size and voice but the rest is unknown.

I agree Heintz 57 may be your best guess
Attached Thumbnails
Unsure of dog's breed-mia-reflecting.jpg  

Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 AM

455 posts, read 1,239,964 times
Breed is only important to me when acquiring a puppy so I know the size the dog will become, its looks, whether it will have long coat that needs regular grooming etc..

The most important things about any dog irrespective of breed, is their looks and she is a cutie, their temperament and she looks to have a lovely happy disposition, and that they are happy to be around people. I like all dogs but I lean towards SBT.

You have a lovely dog who will only ever ask for love and attention and I find dogs repay you 10 fold.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,064,362 times
All I know is that that second picture -- the one of Sadie smiling -- brightens my day. You've got yourself a gorgeous girl, whatever breed she may be.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,361 times
Well I took sadie to the vet yesterday to get her eyes checked out they have been a little runny, as well as to put her on heart worm prevenative. When they asked me to identifiy her breed on the questionaire I put "Shepard Mix", well the first thing the vet said when she walked in was "I was expecting to see a long haired shepard looking puppy but she looks more like a pitbull". This was without me even having to ask, so I guess mystery solved. Thank you everyone for all of the wonderfull replies.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,415,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferdfw View Post
Well I took sadie to the vet yesterday to get her eyes checked out they have been a little runny, as well as to put her on heart worm prevenative. When they asked me to identifiy her breed on the questionaire I put "Shepard Mix", well the first thing the vet said when she walked in was "I was expecting to see a long haired shepard looking puppy but she looks more like a pitbull". This was without me even having to ask, so I guess mystery solved. Thank you everyone for all of the wonderfull replies.
I hate to say it but I wouldn't put too much weight into a lot of vet's opinions. I've had some identify my purebred Chesapeake Bay Retriever as everything from a Labrador to a misc mix. Personally, I don't see any of the usual physical characteristics of a bully breed in your beautiful girl. It all speculation anyway.... only her mommy will ever know for sure what she is a mix of!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:05 PM

5,016 posts, read 10,709,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I hate to say it but I wouldn't put too much weight into a lot of vet's opinions. I've had some identify my purebred Chesapeake Bay Retriever as everything from a Labrador to a misc mix. Personally, I don't see any of the usual physical characteristics of a bully breed in your beautiful girl. It all speculation anyway.... only her mommy will ever know for sure what she is a mix of!
And it's also quite possible that even her mom has no clue

Old 02-13-2011, 07:46 PM

385 posts, read 859,763 times
just by the markings I would have to say Rotti or Dobbi

Old 02-13-2011, 08:44 PM

48,175 posts, read 22,026,263 times
With all the prejudice and even laws against pitties.....I would hang on to the original papers from the shelter that didnt mention pitbull. She is a lovely dog.....and it appears she has a mixed heritage.....With beautiful results. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs