Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 PM

71 posts, read 185,115 times

Advertisements

Adoption has increased this year and euthanasia has decreased.

" Statistics show increase in animal adoption in Baton Rouge, euthanasia rate down "

How is it going in your area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 11:59 PM

18,737 posts, read 33,440,740 times
Great to hear. I have the idea that the South is a terrible place to be a dog.
I live in Massachusetts and things are pretty good (relatively). Puppies are brought in from other places as there are few unwanted litters, due to spaying/neutering success.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,783,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I live in Massachusetts and things are pretty good (relatively). Puppies are brought in from other places as there are few unwanted litters, due to spaying/neutering success.
Bella would argue with you about that!!

I do understand what you are saying but I think it's more in the rural areas that you find that.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,053,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
overall, yes it is ..... starting about Missouri and southward and eastward.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Bella would argue with you about that!!

I do understand what you are saying but I think it's more in the rural areas that you find that.
yes... this is true.... the more rural areas are far worse....

i get HUNDREDS of emails a week for rescues and transports....and begging for someone to step up for dogs that are about to be killed because the shelter is out of room.... and easily 99% or more of those for transport are for dogs moving south to north or northeast.... a tiny tiny tiny few are for dogs moving the opposite direction..... and those are usually dogs moving from one foster home in a breed specific rescue to another.....

Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,808,548 times
Apologies. The pejorative slang for a resident of Massachusetts who is (i) a terrible driver or (ii) in possession of the standard issue Massachussetts attitude is, indeed, inappropriate language.

I maintain that the Gulf Coast is a splendid place to be a dog and that the standard issue attitude is on display...

Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM

455 posts, read 1,240,309 times
Wow that's an achievement. Well done to everyone in Baton Rouge.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:26 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,923,285 times
Awesome Baton Rouge! Glad to hear some good news!
Where I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida, it seems that things are going pretty well. Our local shelters seem to be taking in quite a few out of state dogs, which is a good sign.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:58 PM

553 posts, read 1,634,822 times
That is good news! We have a lot of transports coming from the south, and I know a lot originate in Tennessee. There are still tons of pets in need of homes around here as well, though I don't have statistics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs