Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:49 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,070,788 times

Advertisements

Oh, this should be good (although I won't remember to watch it). Oprah's a huge (no pun intended) animal lover, dogs in particular. She's going to rip him a new one, I hope.

Michael Vick will be a guest on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,518,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Oh, this should be good (although I won't remember to watch it). Oprah's a huge (no pun intended) animal lover, dogs in particular. She's going to rip him a new one, I hope.

Michael Vick will be a guest on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN
I sure hope she does..I don't want to miss this one. I cannot wait to see how he spins his horrible behavior

Old 02-15-2011, 11:02 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,924,194 times
This is one show I don't want to miss.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,975,057 times
Oprah doesn't rip guests new ones. Her ratings are falling and she is scraping the bottom of the barrel to get ratings. Don't give them to her. I suspect it will be on youtube later.

Vick may have served his time but he's shown no remorse. At this time I suspect this is nothing but PR so he can pretend, show a few crocodile tears, and rake up endorsements following the revealing of some ephiphany on Oprah. No reason to give him the attention he and Oprah want.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:19 AM

77 posts, read 171,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Oprah doesn't rip guests new ones. Her ratings are falling and she is scraping the bottom of the barrel to get ratings. Don't give them to her. I suspect it will be on youtube later.

Vick may have served his time but he's shown no remorse. At this time I suspect this is nothing but PR so he can pretend, show a few crocodile tears, and rake up endorsements following the revealing of some ephiphany on Oprah. No reason to give him the attention he and Oprah want.
He can go to hell and take her right along with him. He's nothing short of a serial killer.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,277,103 times
I will try to watch it, even tho I think he should still be paying for his crime.
We will see what questions & answers come out of this.
Will anyone even believe what he says ?
It will be interesting to see how the audience reacts to him.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,924,194 times
I'll be interested in how the audience reacts too.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 PM

77 posts, read 171,612 times
Give me a break! Last time I checked I wasn't 5!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,804,087 times
Oprah isn't going to rip Michael Vick a new one. She's going to give him a forum to apologize and she's going to go to bat for him as a reformed, young black man.

Oprah may be a notorious animal lover, but can you think of any affiliations she may have that would be overriding to that capacity?

Also, please bear in mind that Michael Vick is still ruined. He's going to continue to have success on the field, but he's also going to continue to be in a state of financial ruin, he's never going to get another top-dollar contract, he's never going to have supplemental endorsement income and he's always going to be infamous. He's essentially working to pay off his legal team for the forseeable future and he literally can't show his face in public.

BTW - I KNOW you guys are ALL going to watch the interview so you can talk about how horrible you heard it was.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:48 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,417,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Oprah isn't going to rip Michael Vick a new one. She's going to give him a forum to apologize and she's going to go to bat for him as a reformed, young black man.

Oprah may be a notorious animal lover, but can you think of any affiliations she may have that would be overriding to that capacity?

Also, please bear in mind that Michael Vick is still ruined. He's going to continue to have success on the field, but he's also going to continue to be in a state of financial ruin, he's never going to get another top-dollar contract, he's never going to have supplemental endorsement income and he's always going to be infamous. He's essentially working to pay off his legal team for the forseeable future and he literally can't show his face in public.

BTW - I KNOW you guys are ALL going to watch the interview so you can talk about how horrible you heard it was.
Wouldn't watch it if it was the only thing on TV. The jackass makes me physically sick. Someone should have put him in a "rape rack" while he was in prison, or perhaps yank out all his teeth or maybe put him in with a group who's only objective is to immediately kill him. In other words, let him experience exactly what he put those dogs through. I won't watch him play football and I certainly won't watch him try to sling his line of meadow muffins on TV. I ain't buying it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.