Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 11:34 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,445,992 times

Advertisements

My daughter's been living with her fiance at his dad's for about six months now. When she moved in she was told she could bring her dog and cat with the understanding they are both indoor only animals.

Late last week the FIL told her the dog had to go outside because she's too active. She's a year and a half old boxer / boston terrier mix. Uh, yeh, she's an active girl! He put her out back on a chain while she was in school. She brought her in that night but the next day he put her out again, so she texted me and said she didn't know what to do.

We found a rental home she can move to that's in the middle of nowhere on a farm. A friend's mother owns it but my friend is living there until early July. I told my daughter she can't keep her dog outside until then so she needed to bring her home.

She got here today and she and Randy were instant best friends. She was over the top hyper as soon as she was through the door and it took Diva about 2 minutes to solve that. Since then she's been fantastic! She and Randy have spent the entire day by each other's side, playing like maniacs and then crashing for naps.

I just took them out to potty. The only time Randy can be in the yard off leash is at night. He can jump the wall and fence but he's afraid of the dark and won't do it when it's night time. So the two of them got to run at full speed out there. It was great! Randy has never had any dog that could keep up with him. Not even close. But Munchi stayed right on his butt. Not only is she as fast, but she can cut corners faster and sharper and she outsmarts him at every single turn. It was hysterical!

Any way, when they were wrestling this afternoon I got some pictures of them. She looks just like his mini-me! They're both that brindle with white markings on their feet, chest, back of the neck and muzzle with the blaze headed up their muzzle to the forehead. Just too cute!

And no, not related. Not even the same breed mixes. Randy is a pittie/bully mixed with we think a Great Dane. She's a Boxer / Boston Terrier mix. They're about the same age.
Attached Thumbnails
Grandpuppy visiting a while-055.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 07:49 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,378,867 times
Sooooo....sweet!!!!!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,922,903 times
The look so adorable, and just like a brother and sister too.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 AM

246 posts, read 279,311 times
Default Beautiful photo

How wonderful they have each other to play with and entertain you too!
We as humans should be able to interact the way animals do and it would be a much better world.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:51 AM

166 posts, read 380,766 times
Happy, happy dogs. Your daughter may have to find a new dog when the time comes, I don't know if your pup will let her go. Nice that you took her in and that it is working out so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs