Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 AM

10 posts, read 43,489 times

Advertisements

Okay I was walking my dogs (all at the same time I was rushing) and this man that had just moved in across the street(if he doesn't live there he's over there with them every day) and started asking my questions about my pit and commenting on how big his head is and how muscular he is. Being the person I am I didn't think anything at all about it and was just saying thank you because he was telling me how beautiful he was. Then I guess he noticed that I have all male dogs and asked if they ever have gotten into any fights. I told him like once before but it was my fault I left a toy lying around the house and a game of tug o war became a fight. He seemed really interested after I said that and pointed out the apbt that he has tied up in the yard and was like you dog has some competition in the neighborhood now. So I started to walk off...I didn't want to hear that...
The next day when I was walking just the pit he was outside again saying how he could organize "a small tussle" between the two and how he would break it up b4 anything got too serious...I told him to eff off and that I don't fight my dogs and any repectable person wouldn't either. It's been a lot going on b/t me and that man and it's to the point where I can't tie him up outside AT ALL anymore afraid that he'll try to bring his dog over there-which he has before- (we were going to get a fence put up but we're renting the house but the landlord doesn't want 1) which is KILLING him because he LOVES going out and sun bathing after walks. So the only thing I have thought to do is sit out there with him while he's laying outside taking his one of his 30 minute naps.I can't even let him run around the yard with the others playing with the water hose without the fear of him just letting the dog go which I know he's not afraid to do. (which has been eyeing my dog since the moved in ) I have notified the police about this but since there hasn't been a fight all they can do is document it and come through the neighborhood about twice a week.I just don't know what else to do. :/
Sorry about the long post just had to get some of it off of my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
It is illegal, notify the authorities.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:09 PM

It is illegal, notify the authorities
I have they said that they would document it but there's nothing they can do because there hasn't been a fight (or any proof of one) and they come by like twice a week

Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,417,590 times
I would document everything, jot down the # of car licenses etc, it may come in handy some time. Would also never let your dog out unattended, tied or whatever - already there's too much interest in him (of the wrong kind) - you might want to invest in a 6x10 portable chainlink fence but even those can be clipped w/ a strong pair of pliers. would also get your dog microchipped if he's not, you cant be too careful and would look into security camcorders, just to be on the safe side. Best of luck.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,235,903 times
I don't know if this is out of line, but what's with all these brand new members with no posts having these controversial, hot button issues ? Maybe it's my pessimistic side, but seems like people just trying to stir stuff up. How come with long time members, the topics are like " any tips on how to teach my dog to fetch", and with these random new members it's topics like "my pit bull attacked me and i'm pregnant" or "my neighbor fights dogs" like tabloid b.s. Just my thought.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,217 times
I definitely wouldn't let your boy out of your sight either. That neighbor is not trustworthy at all and his intentions are bad. I would pay extra attention on who goes to his house in case he does have dog fights on his property. Or if you see any type of training equipment. I sure hope his dog doesn't pay for his stupidity. Maybe you can buy a fake camera for outside your door so he might think twice about doing something stupid. I have one outside my garage which points to my driveway, so one really wouldn't know what range it has. Be safe!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
I don't know if this is out of line, but what's with all these brand new members with no posts having these controversial, hot button issues ? Maybe it's my pessimistic side, but seems like people just trying to stir stuff up. How come with long time members, the topics are like " any tips on how to teach my dog to fetch", and with these random new members it's topics like "my pit bull attacked me and i'm pregnant" or "my neighbor fights dogs" like tabloid b.s. Just my thought.
Lol I understand where you're coming from but I've had these problems since we've first moved here and non of what I've said is B.S. It's not even just the pit I have problems with I've had someone call the police on my cocker spaniel because he peed on the curb near their house just never a problem this severe to the point where I don't know what to do lol but if it makes it any better I'll try and lay off of anything controversal surrounding any of my dogs as I realize most if not all of my posts are about the problems I have with my pit and other dogs..

Old 05-01-2011, 01:08 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
1: the man soliceited you for a dog fight, make sure if you havent to file that as a formal complaint and report...
2: as others have said do not leave your dog out unattended, ever...
3: keep filing reports any time this guy gives you even an inlking hes got a fight arranged other shady stuff going on or the guy comes neer you with his dog offering to set up tussles ect...it can be considered harassment on his half...

personally id also look into moving asap to somewhere you can put up a fence, i dont like dogs being tied up outside in general and an unfenced unsecured dog is just asking for trouble, especially with this guy around. good luck!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:15 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,510 times
Put some pressure on the SOB, contact your local news station, they would eat this up especially on a slow day. I would also distribute a letter to all the neighbors in the area telling them the address of the person so they know to look out, more that know of it the better.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:35 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Put some pressure on the SOB, contact your local news station, they would eat this up especially on a slow day. I would also distribute a letter to all the neighbors in the area telling them the address of the person so they know to look out, more that know of it the better.
This may lead to legal charges against you. You cannot put your neighbor's name out there for criminal potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs