Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Long story short, I'm on this spat with the girl who lives about next door. Our every meeting becomes some form of an encounter, and she makes sure she brings out her catty best with me

But something tells me her dog really likes me becoz it's getting excited every time it sees me. Every dog gets excited and I don't even have antlers in real life. How does a dog sense camaraderie in a man? Does it see a halo which women can't see?

I got the dummies book to learn about dogs but it teaches you things about "your" dog, not others dogs.

To recount an incident as to where I'm getting at. She was in the dog park and I was taking a walk through it. The park is tiny and is like a lawn beside the community. So the dog was running towards me and it was acting like it liked me more than her. But then she angrily beckoned the dog and the little thing ran away. Is there a way I can charm the dog and not make it run away, despite the angry beckoning? How do you make the dog like you more than the owner, so that it responds to you more than the owner? Any tips and tricks? Thoughts?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,116 times
Doggie knows where his bread is buttered, and that is with his master's/ mistress's voice. Stop trying to get that doggy in trouble and stop passive-aggressively flirting with that woman!! (I mean seriously, how does one end up in the same park at the same time?) Things that make you go HMMM...

You are a demon, and NOT in disguise. Just a demon.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
Doggie knows where his bread is buttered, and that is with his master's/ mistress's voice. Stop trying to get that doggy in trouble and stop passive-aggressively flirting with that woman!! (I mean seriously, how does one end up in the same park at the same time?) Things that make you go HMMM...

You are a demon, and NOT in disguise. Just a demon.
I jog outside and I have to circle the little park. Sometimes I am tired and I sit in the bench there. And she isn't the only dog owner there, it's full of dogs and owners every morning.

Of course, I saw the dog getting excited at my sight and I entered the park on purpose. And as expected, the nice little thing came ambling towards me.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Yeah, come on AC, it's her dog. Some dogs (like mine) adore their owners but treat them like an old shoe when they see a friend that isn't around all the time. Stop being so devious!
Now that you read the book and have all that knowledge, why don't you get a dog of your own? They're chick magnets, and more loyal than a human could ever be, even though they might snub you for a little while when they see one of their buddies.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
doggie knows where his bread is buttered, and that is with his master's/ mistress's voice. Stop trying to get that doggy in trouble and stop passive-aggressively flirting with that woman!! (i mean seriously, how does one end up in the same park at the same time?) things that make you go hmmm...

You are a demon, and not in disguise. Just a demon.

^^ exactly

Old 10-25-2011, 09:24 AM

And the best thing, when she is not in the house and I am and I am simply crossing the corridor. Can dogs smell people? The dog gets to the door and makes rumbling noise at the door, as if trying to open it with its limbs.

I tell ya, dogs love me, I love dogs.

Or perhaps it does it for every passer-by, but that doesn't matter. When I am the passer-by, it gets all excited.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Yeah, come on AC, it's her dog. Some dogs (like mine) adore their owners but treat them like an old shoe when they see a friend that isn't around all the time. Stop being so devious!
Now that you read the book and have all that knowledge, why don't you get a dog of your own? They're chick magnets, and more loyal than a human could ever be, even though they might snub you for a little while when they see one of their buddies.
There's a lot of fees Pets Inc., adds over the dog. Having a dog in America is so stressful from what I can read. My family had Great Danes and German Shepherd when I was growing up at varying times, and it was not all stressful. Even the vets charged down to earth fees in our old country. And our house was huge, it had mango trees, coconut trees and the dogs were happy.

Even if I get a house, from the info I gather, and the insurance costs, and other pet costs..... not that I can't afford it, but it sounds like a pain. So it will have to wait, for a few years.

I'm thinking of a Canaan dog

Old 10-25-2011, 09:33 AM

Funny conversation I had with my landlady. She wants me to get a Shih Tzu if I love dogs so much, coz they are not heavy. What the... that's the stupidest looking dog I've ever seen..... She rejected all my dog plans coz everything was crossing 45 pounds

I like big dogs. Little dogs are not for me. And the book I'm reading has convinced me to make the effort to be a good dog owner. It's just my residence, and Pets Inc., which are the discouraging factors.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:33 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
i think you posted at one point a while back that you had servants that took care of the danes and shepherds..... so of course, that was easier for you.....

Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
You sound like a STALKER & there are Laws against Stalkers! So STOP! ME I wouldnt TRUST you to come Near My dog for fear you would hurt it! I had a neighbor ask me if he could pet my dog Next thing I knew he claimed my dog Attached him GRRRR Lucky another neighbor Saw the Whole thing! So My ADVICE LEAVE THEM ALONE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs