Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:27 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times

Advertisements

Awww Evey, you know she loves and forgives you.

I think being the very smart and bright dog she is, she would've have peed on your bed and chewed the legs on your favorite chair if she was mad at you!

Hope you both are feeling better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 12:48 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,072 times
Oh Evey, I am sorry for you both. Shadow will be ok, and of course she does not hold this against you. If anything she is probably wondering why she has this silly bandage on. Speaking of, make sure no swelling takes place and the bandage does not get too tight.

It will be ok friend, and remember they feel everything you feel so try to stay upbeat and positive the best you can,

Old 08-26-2007, 02:47 PM

567 posts, read 1,744,531 times
We had our puppy fixed and chose to have him kenneled in the air conditioning while we went out of town for a few days and he acted diffrent for a few days after we picked him up. He is back to his old playful self now.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:47 PM

255 posts, read 821,579 times
I know it's a bit different, but I have managed to slam the car door on my own leg, which takes some talent.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to both of you.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:24 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
I'm so sorry about your accident, but it was just that an accident. Quit beating yourself up over it. The great thing about dogs is that they always forgive you and always love you. Until you have a dog you do not know unconditional love. Give your sweetheart a few days and things will get back to normal. Bless you for loving your dog so much!

Old 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM

159 posts, read 355,745 times
Wink She's as beautiful as ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Well, she is sort of speaking to me today. Here she is outside eating a sympathy bone.
See, she is still as beautiful and stunning as ever! I am so glad to hear she is doing better.

I'm sure things will be back to normal in no time. Like Autumngal said, she is probably just a little confused by her tail bandage.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:45 PM

181 posts, read 1,076,791 times
I done that to my dog once. He yelped really loud. I had to open the door to get his tail out. Fortunately it was the very tip that got stuck in the door and it was barely bleeding. It healed nicely on it's own.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:59 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
OMG you guys! I slammed my dog's tail in the car door this morning & ripped the end of her tail right off. I rushed her to the vet and they amputated some more tail.

Has anybody ever done this before? I feel just awful and Shadow is not speaking to me.
OMG! Poor Shadow! That reminds me of when I was in 2nd grade and accidentally slammed my best friends finger in the car door and broke it! I have never slammed one of my dogs tails in the car door though! I would feel horrible! Accidents do happen though.. I'm glad everything is okay now and I'm sure Shadow will forgive you soon! Brooklyn, Destiny and Jayda send Shadow feel better soon kisses!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:58 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Thanks for all of the support.

Shadow seems to be bouncing back just fine. I, on the other hand, will surely need years and years of therapy........

Old 08-27-2007, 01:33 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
sympathy bones are a great idea and I'd highly recommend some short ribs. My dogs think I'm the best guy in the world when I give them one. Even my chihuahua will actually pretend he's a dog and eat the meat off of one. Otherwise he's usually too good to do a dog thing like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs