Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:07 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times

Advertisements

Ok I ask you all that age old question Do dirty dogs have more fun? I say yes as when Jazz and Dash were alive they use to run and slid on their sides through mud puddles at the off leash park . People would be standing watching them and saying " sure glad those are not my dogs" Or " what a mess I would not let my dogs do that" To me they seemed to be having the time of their life and by the time we headed home the mud was pretty dry and had fallen off and they never needed baths due to it as they seemed to be self cleaning. Dash's white feet and chest were soon bright white again

Chaos has many boyfriends at the dog park and yesterday one of them Jordy who is an Irish Cream Golden Retriever about 8 months old( beautiful white dog) ran with her and a large pak of buddies to the other end of the park when they came back our way Jordy was brown with a white strip like a skunk down his back as it turns out there was mud down at that end. He had a huge grin on his face so once again I do think dirty dogs have more fun!

When I had to buy Chaos a new collar I went to a local groomer that sells cool collars and we found Teddy the dog from Life is good on some collars. Chaos got one that says Smother me with Kisses and I was going to get Jordy one but did not know his neck size but the one I was thinking about said Dirty dogs have more fun..

with wet weather arriving early in So Calif this year let the fun begin!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 01:38 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
i absolutely think dirty dogs have more fun.... the park i take my crew too has a verrrrry verrrry back area that was at one time a small subdivision on the meramec river.... after the terrible flooding here in 1993 and 1994, the feds bought the people out and turned the land over to the city.... the woods are very dense and there are many access points to the river.... it still floods back there in the spring and this year, the water stayed pretty high through most of the summer.....

before bailey blew out her knees, she LOVED nothing better than chasing critters (deer, rabbits, mink, whatever else was around) through the woods.... there were many many mornings that she would be coated in mud from her belly to the tips of her toes, but my oh my, the GRIN on her face....

dave is the same way and i LOVE watching him leap and bound so gracefully through the woods and then doing his tuck-butt zoomies on the river beach.... he too comes out COATED in mud.... but we have to walk a good way through some pretty tall grass and usually by the time we are back up to the "road," he is wiped off pretty well.....

miss roxie is not allowed off-leash yet unless we are in the enclosed dog park area..... we are working on her recall and she does pretty well a LOT of the time, but man oh man.... when that beagle-brain switches on, all bets are off.... that said, i have a 50' training lead for her so she can chase with dave on the river beach and she manages to get herself pretty muddy too....

i had to laugh recently when i happened to notice how bright pink her pink leash still is.... her collar and harness bought at the same time have COMPLETELY faded out.... i guess that pink is probably NOT the best color for such a little tom-boy.....

Old 11-10-2011, 02:19 PM

Hey Chaos is a Tom boy too so I made sure her collar has some pink as I want people to know she is a girl not a boy!!!

I just noticed it is the 10th so it has been one year today that I said good bye to Jazz that explains why I woke up with her on my brain this AM. I have yet to finish the memorial of photos for her as it is just too hard as she was such a piece of me.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:45 PM

hard to believe it has been a year.......

Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,670 times
Dogs are like kids, the more dirt---the more fun.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Yup, I agree...Mr. Odie goes sliding into "home" for his frizbee and comes up with Red Georgia Clay smeared down one side, fortunately for me Swedish Vallhunds have that kind of coat that repells just about everything and the stuff doesn't stay for long.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

i had to laugh recently when i happened to notice how bright pink her pink leash still is.... her collar and harness bought at the same time have COMPLETELY faded out.... i guess that pink is probably NOT the best color for such a little tom-boy.....

exhibit A

Old 11-12-2011, 03:56 PM

wow what a difference in color!

Old 11-13-2011, 02:21 AM

581 posts, read 1,188,009 times
I agree with dogs having more fun when they're dirty. My dogs are more content when one smells like burnt fritos and the other's normally bright white paws have the slight brown tint of mud after being "groomed" off.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:38 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
My rough collie loves to play and catch frisbee and run and jump and play ball and wrestle, but she is a total Miss Priss about getting dirty or wet. She HATES being dirty. If it is raining, she will literally prance to keep her paws clean and dry. If she is dirty, she will look sad and droopy. She hates baths, but she obviously loves how she feels after one.

My smooth collie is disgusting and vile and filthy and rolls in things and eats vomit and plays in the mud and farts and jumps in the swimming pool. I have no idea what to do with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs