U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:42 PM

265 posts, read 1,239,709 times

Advertisements

If you don't, you'll definitely want to check it out...I've been reading this phenomenal mag for the past 5 years now (and looking for opportunities to give gift subscriptions). It's been dubbed "The New Yorker of Dog Magazines" and comes out now 6 times a year (increased from quarterly). It's full of interesting and informative articles on dogs, written by some renouned writers, as well as poetry, photos, and GREAT ads (when can you ever say that????). They also have a website, thebark.com that promotes a few articles from each issue--and it's the only publication I know of that when you send them email, the publisher herself actually responds!!! I can't say enough good things about this magazine...I only wish it were monthly, as we devour each issue cover to cover and then anticipate the next...enjoy!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 06:33 PM

13,815 posts, read 27,927,931 times
There's some good photography in it and I love some of the latest covers.

Luckily I read this post twice and realized you wrote THEbark.com and not bark.com.. bark.com is a spam site and I almost called you out on it. That would've been embarrassing and is a good example of the need to make sure you're barking up the right tree
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs