U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 PM

7,329 posts, read 15,758,864 times

Advertisements

It's off-topic, but the people saying crating is cruel weren't people who usually post on the dog forum.
Anyway, I'm glad the OP had a place to talk out what happened, sorry the conversation turned out like this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,221,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebdj View Post
...I'm beside myself w/ grief. I run a rescue. A rescue partner who I pull dogs with gave one of our dogs to what he thought was another legitimate rescue. This rescue does not screen applicants. Once I realized who he gave the dog to, I called the person who was fostering our dog (a beautiful 80 lb. Shepherd mix 8 month old pup) and demanded the dog back.

She was to bring him back today.

Her psycho neighbor said the dog crossed his property this morning, and shot him with his rifle.

WTF is wrong with people???!!? He is on the slab and he had to be surrendered to the State Lab, with a chance of not getting the body back. So he dies like this, and I can't even cremate him with dignity. I HATE PEOPLE.
Why wasn't the dog properly secured on his property? Again it's illegal to let a dog roam. So the owner's at fault right there. How do you know the dog didn't try act in an aggresive manner or attempt to attack and the guy shot in self defense? Dogs attack people all the time.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,882,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
It's funny how most of the people in this thread are assuming the dog was completely innocent and had nothing to do with this, other than being a helpless, innocent dog with big watery eyes and a wagging tail. That damn murderous neighbor with his animal cruelty.

Again, even the OP did not see what happened, and is going off another person's account. Almost everyone is jumping to conclusions that

was shot by

But this is the same forum that assumes crating is animal torture, so what can you expect.
It seems you're content to assume the dog was at fault and all of us attempting to console the OP are little more than mindless idiots easily led by our emotions.

Aside from seizing an opportunity to crap on those attempting to assuage someone's grief and sense of loss was there a point to your post?

A dog was killed under regrettable circumstances that neither you nor I were involved in. You have no more knowledge of the events than do any of us that posted in support of the OP. What do you hope to gain by trashing supporters while minimizing the sense of loss felt by the OP? When did kindness and sympathy shown to a person feeling grief become fair game for someone apparently lacking in compassion for the pain of others to use in an attempt to bolster their own ego?

It's a sad fact of life that some people that have little else to offer seem to enjoy kicking people when they're down. Welcome to ignore.

Last edited by outbacknv; 01-27-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 PM

24,497 posts, read 39,696,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Why wasn't the dog properly secured on his property? Again it's illegal to let a dog roam. So the owner's at fault right there. How do you know the dog didn't try act in an aggresive manner or attempt to attack and the guy shot in self defense? Dogs attack people all the time.
If you actually read this thread, you'll see that the OP has confessed that he/she is more upset about the situation than pointing blame at the shooter. She even shared the blame with the dog foster or whatever.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:47 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,221,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
If you actually read this thread, you'll see that the OP has confessed that he/she is more upset about the situation than pointing blame at the shooter. She even shared the blame with the dog foster or whatever.
I dont think anyone wants to see an innocent dog shot, but I just saw a lot of replies placing 100% blame on the shooter when the whole thing seemed ambiguous.(ie why wasn't dog secured, was shooting self defense..did dog act agressive ect.)

Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 PM

29,984 posts, read 41,514,325 times
Quote:
I know. I know this deep in my heart. But I can't help it. I am so emotional at the heartlessness of this person's actions. He wanted to wield control with his gun, and with that simple whim he hurt so many people who were pulling for this guy.

It's just so discouraging. I don't trust anyone and I am disgusted by the human race.
Unfortunately the bad humans cast a terrible light on the rest of us, including dog lovers.

Have you filed a formal complaint with the Orange County Sherrif's Dept.? That would be at the top of my list. Get a report # when you go.

You never know, this dog-killer may have a history and karma may be served with a warrant with a bit of luck.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:26 PM

61,284 posts, read 84,050,777 times
i am so sorry u lost your dog.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:32 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,248,106 times
I've seen stuff I'd like to forget.
My deepest condolences from one who understands your emotional pain and dismay at people and their heartless actions.
I hope there's a heaven for dogs, as well as other animals. Humans need to pass the test though.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 AM

11,798 posts, read 24,244,855 times
That is absolutely appalling. There have been times in my life when I wanted to do violence to dogs' owners, but never to the dogs. In any case, I realize how heartsick you must be. You have my deepest sympathy.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 AM

6,869 posts, read 4,554,730 times
Quote:
...I'm beside myself w/ grief. I run a rescue. A rescue partner who I pull dogs with gave one of our dogs to what he thought was another legitimate rescue. This rescue does not screen applicants. Once I realized who he gave the dog to, I called the person who was fostering our dog (a beautiful 80 lb. Shepherd mix 8 month old pup) and demanded the dog back.

She was to bring him back today.

Her psycho neighbor said the dog crossed his property this morning, and shot him with his rifle.

WTF is wrong with people???!!? He is on the slab and he had to be surrendered to the State Lab, with a chance of not getting the body back. So he dies like this, and I can't even cremate him with dignity. I HATE PEOPLE.
How about a little more detail on the story so we can clear things up. Was it in the paper? If so how about a link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs