Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:17 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,672,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
dolts?? pathetic?? really??
Yes, really!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 01:37 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,271,700 times
Glad it was Not your personal pet! Sad part is once the animal left your hands you have no control. Except to be more careful about placing animals in the future. IF the rescue in question IS non-profit you can try to get that changed. Cut the funding they recieve & they go out of business & dont get a chance to hurt another animal. Otherwise also report the to Better Business! Local law enforcement, etc!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 PM

370 posts, read 1,365,607 times
We have a magnet that reads "The more people I meet, the better I like my dog."

That guy who shot your dog...what a creep.

I wish we humans could realize only we can stand up for the innocent animals.

Sorry this happened.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:47 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
You were not there so how are you able to come to any rational conclusion (other than just pulling nonsense out of your rear) what did or did not happen, what that person did or did not feel, how that person should or should not have reacted? Please telll me oh great wizard about the secrets of figuring out what happened when your not there
It's just an opinion bub, calm down

Old 01-27-2012, 04:06 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,020,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Yes, really!

figures.....

Old 01-27-2012, 04:23 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,672,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
figures.....
Glad you understand.

Now do you have anything worthwile to say or is this the best you can come up with to waste my time?

Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,849,745 times
again we are ASSUMING that this dog just wandered on over the property line, tail wagging slow and calm, were ASSUMING that this dog wasnt harrassing this gys livestock, were all so quick to blam the guy who shot the dog (shot the ground/whatever) the point is noone was there to see what happend..
if an 80lb sheperd mix was running towards me (wild dog/feral or someones house pet) if they came running at me id be quick to react, i dont own a gun but i have taken a bat to a large dog that came bounding my direction...you DONT KNOW...so back off the guy.
if he discharged his weapon illegally the police will deal with it apropriatly, however HE is not at fault, the person who let the dog wander is...

your dog may be sweet and loving at home...but when they get loose...most damage done to livestock in rural areas is not feral dogs, coyotes ect..its the neighbors PETS!
sad but true.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
again we are ASSUMING that this dog just wandered on over the property line, tail wagging slow and calm, were ASSUMING that this dog wasnt harrassing this gys livestock, were all so quick to blam the guy who shot the dog (shot the ground/whatever) the point is noone was there to see what happend..
if an 80lb sheperd mix was running towards me (wild dog/feral or someones house pet) if they came running at me id be quick to react, i dont own a gun but i have taken a bat to a large dog that came bounding my direction...you DONT KNOW...so back off the guy.
if he discharged his weapon illegally the police will deal with it apropriatly, however HE is not at fault, the person who let the dog wander is...

your dog may be sweet and loving at home...but when they get loose...most damage done to livestock in rural areas is not feral dogs, coyotes ect..its the neighbors PETS!sad but true.
Yup Can't rep yah again

Old 01-27-2012, 06:28 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,022 times
I'm so sorry an innocent animal died this way. It's very hard just reading about it. I have no words of advice. Rest in peace puppy.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:51 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,130 times
It's funny how most of the people in this thread are assuming the dog was completely innocent and had nothing to do with this, other than being a helpless, innocent dog with big watery eyes and a wagging tail. That damn murderous neighbor with his animal cruelty.

Again, even the OP did not see what happened, and is going off another person's account. Almost everyone is jumping to conclusions that

was shot by

But this is the same forum that assumes crating is animal torture, so what can you expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs