Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:08 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,066,287 times

Advertisements

what's wrong with being a dink??

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
something tells me OP will continue to let the dogs bother the neighbors and will not take steps - so patiently described to her- to fix this. The dogs will be the one to pay in the end. Somebody will haul them to the pound and be done with them. It happens.
yep.... there were many many good suggestions offered in the original thread..... problem is, they all require at least a minimal amount of effort on the part of the op and her boyfriend.....

and op .... didn't you say a neighbor did leave you a note about your dogs?? apparently, the note did not accomplish what the neighbor was hoping for, so they took the next step......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,478,349 times
My husband and I are DINKS. What's wrong with that? We don't plan on having kids either

Anyway, people have offered advice to the OP, in both this thread and the last one that they placed. On either thread, I don't see them replying to anyone as far as thanks, heeding advice, or just updates. Chances are that they aren't really reading the responses.

Sounds like the neighbors are really not happy with the way that your dogs are still barking, even though you try to reign them in. I just read an aritcle yesterday that a family with a 2 year old daughter (who the neighbors say scream as loud as a motorbike) and a barking dog are getting evicted from their home (they rent) because of the noise, even though they claim to have tried to quiet it down. They were in the UK. Could OPs' problem be another sort of scenario?

Last edited by beatlecrazy; 02-02-2012 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: wording was odd

Old 02-02-2012, 02:48 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,868,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
My fiance and I do the best we can with our 2 dogs -letting them in when they start making a fuss, cleaning up the poop in the yard, you know. Yesterday it was exactly as I had feared. The animal control patrol shows up at my door and wants to talk to me. My fiance and I now have an official court date to go to over this.

And all because SOMEONE in the neighborhood wasn;t man enough to come over and talk to me, just call the police. Sad.
Been there, done that... Talk to people about their dogs, barking and escaping... I got threats... So I went the legal route...

"exactly as I had feared", why do I suspect you were warned before you got a notice for a court date?

I am not a dog hater, we have rescued dogs continued over the past 30+ years.

Rich

Old 02-02-2012, 03:51 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,252,013 times
I have a neighbor who complained about my dogs barking and even called the PD saying they barked at night. Well the dogs are not even out at night but that is another story. I do not leave them outside when I am gone. I did use the citronella spray collar on one dog who barked at leaves blowing in the wind and she did get better. They bark, they come inside period. I put up a wooden fence just to keep them from seeing them.. That helped a lot.

In my town you can only be taken to court for noise by the person who is complaining unless the PD hears the dogs barking.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:33 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,492,659 times
Huh.
My neighbors left their dog outside all day and late into the night.
I had already experienced 2 other neighbors who I tried 'talking to' and got nowhere with.
I wasn't even going to bother with this one.
Especially since we have a newborn and neither he nor his mother have been able to sleep well thanks to this barkatron.
So I kept the log that the animal control people had on their website - you put the date and time and duration of each barking fit.
I VIDEOTAPED their dog going nuts with no one coming out to shut him up. Several times.
I talked to other neighbors about this. They had also heard the dog.

We have 4 dogs. We know dogs bark. That is what dogs do. But we are kind enough to go outside and corral their asses back INSIDE the second they make a peep. We play frisbee with them. We even walk them (despite their having half an acre to run around on). They live with us in the house 99% of the time.
Not so with these people. They left that poor guy outside by himself all day and into the night.

I am happy to say that the animal control people sent them a notice based on our log and it has totally worked. I heard the dog going nuts this morning and I heard a lady come out and call him in immediately. It has been bliss.

So, sorry, op. I can't sympathize with anyone who lets their dogs drive other people nuts.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:39 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,896,434 times
the way i see it is the op knew the dogs were giving the neighbors issues...the op was given tonns of sugestions in their previous post about ways to help train, control and prevent these issues...
then the op comes back complaining that the neighbor still has an issue and they "Knew this was comming"
which says to me that the op knew the dogs were stil doing what they were doing to cause the issues form before, the op knew the dogs were still driving the neigbors batty and that the op ignored all the previous advice and will ignore all the advice in this thread too...
shame realy because its the dogs that suffer in the end...
all dogs bark its the natural way of things, but a dog barking enough to be an issue is a dog that needs redirecting, BUSY, HAPPY dogs dont bark insessantly...

so im sorry OP but given the information i actually kind of hope you do get fined, or SOMETHING to kick your tuckus into realizing that its YOU not the dogs and not the neighbors that is the problem here...YOU, as the owners of these dogs are the ones that have to WORK to train redirect and not give the dogs theopportunity to cause these issues.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,639,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
the way i see it is the op knew the dogs were giving the neighbors issues...the op was given tonns of sugestions in their previous post about ways to help train, control and prevent these issues...
then the op comes back complaining that the neighbor still has an issue and they "Knew this was comming"
which says to me that the op knew the dogs were stil doing what they were doing to cause the issues form before, the op knew the dogs were still driving the neigbors batty and that the op ignored all the previous advice and will ignore all the advice in this thread too...
shame realy because its the dogs that suffer in the end...
all dogs bark its the natural way of things, but a dog barking enough to be an issue is a dog that needs redirecting, BUSY, HAPPY dogs dont bark insessantly...

so im sorry OP but given the information i actually kind of hope you do get fined, or SOMETHING to kick your tuckus into realizing that its YOU not the dogs and not the neighbors that is the problem here...YOU, as the owners of these dogs are the ones that have to WORK to train redirect and not give the dogs theopportunity to cause these issues.
Amen, SISTA!!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,428,010 times
^+1

Luckily its not too bad where I live,other than my stupid neighbor behind me who's dog barks at anything and everyone going to the park. The dog could easily clear that 4 foot fence and bite someone. Even when the owners sit outside with the dog they never say anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs