Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

Our little Toby is nuts. He will do anything for a tennis ball. We exercise him in the back yard by throwing a ball and I'm afraid he would fall over from exhaustion if I let him. Lucy on the other hand has no interest in chasing a ball at all. We didn't have either dog till they were grown so maybe their interest or lack of interest is somehow connected to puppyhood. Why do some balls go gaga over tennis balls and others don't?

uhoh- I just realized this caption might be interpreted a different way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,428 times
CUTE PHOTO!!

My shepherd mix is ball crazy too but I think with her, it's a genetic thing. When she plays she is very serious about it, she has the look of a dog herding sheep while she waits for me to throw it.

Our poodle mix likes to play too but she's not as cuckoo and she actually looks like she is having fun while she plays.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:59 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
My beagle absolutely loves to chase a tennis ball in the yard. She literally flies through the air to run and catch it. She stops playing when she is gasping for air. She gets so intense.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Our little Toby is nuts. He will do anything for a tennis ball. We exercise him in the back yard by throwing a ball and I'm afraid he would fall over from exhaustion if I let him. Lucy on the other hand has no interest in chasing a ball at all. We didn't have either dog till they were grown so maybe their interest or lack of interest is somehow connected to puppyhood. Why do some balls go gaga over tennis balls and others don't?

uhoh- I just realized this caption might be interpreted a different way.
I think some dogs are just jocks and some dogs are just bookworms. Sounds like Toby is a jock.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 AM

899 posts, read 2,942,532 times
Jimboburnsy
thank for saying some are jocks and some bookworms..Our second cocker was a ball playing fool, even had a football he would catch and just fight with all over the yard.the little guy now just wants to watch and hang out..He is afraid of tennis balls..they are just who they are and thats why we love our fur kids..

Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
My Carly is crazy for tennis balls as well. Considering how much time she spends wit them, I consulted a canine dentist. He informed me to wash them often as the dirt that builds up on them can be abrasive to the teeth. So now weekly I go on a tennis ball scavenger hunt... only to find out after having them in the wash she pulls one out of thin air
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs