Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:33 PM

65 posts, read 111,739 times

Advertisements

He is out from the surgery and we are at home. The vet says it was good surgery she got good margins and we'll have the results in about a week. He is doing pretty good actually an absolute opposite of what I thought he'd be. He is in NO pain and he seems pretty comfortable. I gave his food but he didn't want to eat so I fed him by hand one piece of dog food at a time He eats from my hand but not from his bowl. It was fun and it took about 27minutes He's a bit tired (normal after a surgery). I think he'll spend the night without any pain. I gave his medication (which includes a pain medication too just incase) Hopefully the lab results will come back with great news and we'll leave this behind us for a while.

I'M TRULY VERY THANKFUL TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM

831 posts, read 1,964,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjacky View Post
He is out from the surgery and we are at home. The vet says it was good surgery she got good margins and we'll have the results in about a week. He is doing pretty good actually an absolute opposite of what I thought he'd be. He is in NO pain and he seems pretty comfortable. I gave his food but he didn't want to eat so I fed him by hand one piece of dog food at a time He eats from my hand but not from his bowl. It was fun and it took about 27minutes He's a bit tired (normal after a surgery). I think he'll spend the night without any pain. I gave his medication (which includes a pain medication too just incase) Hopefully the lab results will come back with great news and we'll leave this behind us for a while.

I'M TRULY VERY THANKFUL TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES !!!
I have been following your story and glad to hear your furkid is out of surgery and in good spirits. Please keep us updated and all the best wishes for a speedy recovery.

One word of warning from experience, please keep that hand-feeding thing to a minimum...when I hand fed my baby when she wasn't well it turned into a routine...now she stands over her bowl and waits for a hand-fed sample from the staff (ie: me and her doggy daddy). New nickname: PRINCESS Petunia.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:36 PM

809 posts, read 2,188,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjacky View Post

This is so wonderful to hear, rayjacky. Please keep us up to date.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
Glad everything went well and he is home and resting. Hope he heals well and that the news you get is good news! Now maybe you both can get a much needed restful night of sleep.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 PM

501 posts, read 1,296,163 times
Been watching for news and am so very happy that he is out of surgery and resting at home - good boy! Am also very happy to hear that she got good margins - that isn't always possible, depending on location and also the tumor itself.

You two are a great team and are both in my thoughts. I am sending more positive thoughts that you get good news from the lab.

P.S. I go a bit easy on the food the first night; a couple of mine threw up if I let them eat too much (though most had steel tanks for tummys. And pain meds are just a gift, aren't they?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM

Thank you 3DogNight / second right / Dashdog / sugarsugar

Yes pain meds are miracles! I think we will finally sleep at least 5-6 hours tonight (including me hopefully). He doesn't like to eat too much so I don't think there'll be any throwing up. Before the surgeries; I always filled his bowl with food and let it sit all the time 24hrs. he knew when to eat and how much to eat he ate twice a day at the same the everyday and same amounts. Now sometimes I beg him to eat more to get stronger and recover faster but of course he doesn't Anyways I'm just VERY glad that I have him @ home with me by my side and sleeping with no pain. I can't tell you how grateful I am right now!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Just read through this whole thread, wondering what happened. Am SO glad it turned out well. He sounds like a sweetie. Please keep us posted, and know that pictures are always welcome!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM

Sure karen_in_nh_2012 I promise I'll post pictures of him after tonights sleep

Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Pictures, that's what's missing!

So glad today went well, and now you can relax a little.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
good news. we all heal better at home in familiar surroundings. Hope your news continues to be the best kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs