Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 PM

481 posts, read 1,086,616 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone happen to know if there is a business, distributor etc that would sell their collars, harnesses and leashes wholesale to rescues? I volunteer with a group and foster as well. To help save money we could use a volume discount to help supply what foster parents need.

Thanks,
Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 05:37 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Maybe one person in your group could become a distributor and donate the profit to the group but in most ofthe groups Im aware of, they're always looking for donations of new or slightly used harnesses, collars and leashes (dog beds, crates etc as well). I always keep on the lookout for them but havent had much luck in anything specific, just random sales. Was not impressed w/ Four Paws harnesses, was walking a dog and it broke (luckily the dog stayed by me) and I even sent it back to them in the hopes they'd replace it as it was almost brandnew and I never heard from them. Now w/ so many being online and having websites, I dont know as many at all wholesale, would maybe post on Craigslist, someone may be closing a store or just happy to give a random donation to your group esp. if it's a non-profit (I got a beautiful barely worn harness for my pug for a ridiculously low price, there was absolutely nothing wrong w/ it and she wore it most of her life, it was perfect).

Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
For what purpose, mishellina? What I mean is for real training where you need something sturdy, or to have something pretty for the well trained rescue dog to go to it's next home?

I found the dollar stores usually have a pretty good supply of flat nylon collars and leashes of varying sizes and lengths. When I find them I buy almost everything I can and donate to a rescue. Sometimes you can find bulk sales on ebay as well.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
Does your group have a facebook page? You could put out a call for gently used collars and harnesses, and anything else you might need.
ETA, you can also set up an Amazon Wish List, like a gift registry, on Amazon.com, for any supplies you could imagine, and put the link on your website and facebook page.

Last edited by subject2change; 01-02-2013 at 06:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs