Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times

Advertisements

I am watching at the time of this posting a ET on Ellen doggy...Boy what a surprise she got the dog from Mutts & Moms on Sept 20th and 2 weeks later Gave the dog away. How can any one blame Mutts & Moms for this I can not understand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
You know, Ellen must have said 7 times in her little Doggie Debacle that she spent $3,000 on Iggy while he was there with her. On shots?? And neutering?? And some training?? Gimme a break... How about spending some TIME with the pet that she chose to bring into her world, to help him get acclimated to living in a new house with new rules, and other pets. These things take time, something Ellen was obviously not prepared to spend (it's much easier to spend money than time...) What it comes down to is that she (Ellen) was not prepared to adopt this dog, end of story. And when that became apparent, the dog should have been returned... those are the rules that she agreed to, and her celebrity status doesn't give her the right to decide on who is and isn't a good home for the dog.

This was a private matter and Ellen should never have made it a public one. IMO, Ellen's behavior is way out of line. She very well may be a pet-lover, but in this case, she's become just another whining celebrity that didn't get her own way. You know, I used to be a fan of Ellen before all of this foolishness. Shame on you, Ellen...

Old 10-22-2007, 06:17 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,276,497 times
ohhh my gosh are we discussing this again?????
I thought we already killed this topic?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:50 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
I must have missed it the first go around

Old 10-22-2007, 10:43 AM

Yes Kelly but how many that responded knew that Ellen only had Iggy 2 weeks before she gave him away & the Hairdressers daughter had him a few days before Mutts & Mom took him back.
Does Any one really feel that 2 weeks in a home is enough time for animal to adjust? That was the reason I posted sorry if I worded it wrong. I always gave animals 3-4 months to adjust.

Last edited by Katie1; 10-22-2007 at 11:10 AM..

Old 10-22-2007, 11:07 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Yes Kelly but how many that responded knew that Ellen only had Iggy 2 weeks before she gave him away & the Hairdressers daughter had him a few days before Mutts & Mom took him back.
Do Any one really feel that 2 weeks in a home is enough time for animal to adjust? That was the reason I posted sorry if I worded it wrong. I always gave animals 3-4 months to adjust.

Well, at best, it's a Hollywood tale...who knows what the real reasons are or why it was even brought out in the public... Maybe a little publicity for Mutts and Mom's?...who knows, who cares. I can't say I'll stop watching Ellen's show over this. I'm certain some things were blown out of proportion, as is with any over sensationalized media hype.

I do feel bad for the dog...but again, consider the big picture with this one.
M&M's has a strict policy. Miss Ellen broke that policy. Why should it be any different for her? I think she was expecting that M&M's would bend the rules for her...guess she thought wrong, if that was the case.

Getting back to your original question...2 weeks is no way enough time for a dog to get acclimated.
A lot of people look at dogs like that though. They figure out too late in the matter, after they've adopted a dog, that "gee, I can't take care of this dog"...people need to wake up and realize that adopting a dog is not a game or a temporary situation.

I have a neighbor that has gone through 2 dogs in about 2 months time.
I've tried talking some sense into her, but it goes in one ear and out the other. She can't even take care of her juvenile delinquent kids...how does she think she can take care of a dog???

Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM

216 posts, read 829,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Does Any one really feel that 2 weeks in a home is enough time for animal to adjust? That was the reason I posted sorry if I worded it wrong. I always gave animals 3-4 months to adjust.
And that's it not the first time she's done this either. Personally, I think she used her fame thinking M&M would cave in to the pressure and let her get her way. I'm very glad they didn't.

Heck no, two weeks is not enough time. 3-4 months, maybe even longer depending on the dogs history. I have one that was severely abused and it took about a year for her to respond to us "normally" (without crawling on her belly like she was going to get beaten).

Old 10-22-2007, 12:33 PM

Yes & I have gave dogs even longer...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
I thought this topic was dead. We already had a long thread on it.

Greenie

Old 10-22-2007, 01:34 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,626 times
This topic was pretty much argued into the ground in the "Somebody Give Ellen Degeneres Back her Dog" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs