Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 PM

687 posts, read 1,495,079 times

Advertisements

There are two specific students who are working with me and Peanut at middle school. I had to share with you all that one of them has become our "Peanut Ambassador." He LOVES her. When we see other adults or kids on campus, he calls them over, introduces Peanut and answers any questions they may have about her. If he doesn't know the answer, he just looks at me and I fill in for him. At lunch time he's even calling teachers over to meet her.

I work with these two because they have lots of family issues, are constantly being sent to the office, and the principal felt it would help them to have an adult in their lives that offered some positive experiences. It's so exciting for me to see my little Nutty Girl help these boys become a positive presence in their school, instead of always being in trouble.

Next week we're going into the other boy's art class. We're either going to do paw/fingerpainting, or make handprint/pawprint tiles in clay. (I'll be working with her on stepping into wet things this week, if it seems to be stressful to her we'll visit class, but she won't participate.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 01:00 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,052,827 times
I said it before and I'll say it again, you and Peanut are positively AWESOME!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:25 PM

Thanks, Dawn. After being unable to teach for 2 years, this one outing a week means so much to me. It means the world to me to feel like I can make a difference again. The fact I can do it with Peanut is the cherry on top.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,361,484 times
I'm still new here and I'm not familiar with Peanut and you, Mama, but I get the feeling your story is very interesting and very inspiring. Nice to meet you, and I'd love to see Peanut pics if you have them!

Old 03-02-2013, 04:03 PM

Hi Tina. Here is a post about Peanut. https://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...onder-dog.html In the pic, Peanut is the big one. The little one was a foster puppy. Peanut like to play "mom" to the fosters.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,064,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
Thanks, Dawn. After being unable to teach for 2 years, this one outing a week means so much to me. It means the world to me to feel like I can make a difference again. The fact I can do it with Peanut is the cherry on top.
It seems to me that you and peanut are a perfect team. It must feel great to see some real change in these two boys. Looking forward to hear about Peanut's foray into the art world.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:41 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,361,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
Hi Tina. Here is a post about Peanut. https://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...onder-dog.html In the pic, Peanut is the big one. The little one was a foster puppy. Peanut like to play "mom" to the fosters.
Ohhhh, this picture is so adorable. Thanks for posting it. Peanut is gorgeous, inside and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs