Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:51 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times

Advertisements

I hate to say this but now you all know why I have two sets of playtex rubber gloves that go half way up my arm LOL .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
OMGoodness. My hound got a hold of a large amount of saran wrap when he stole the leftover meatloaf from the kitchen counter. From the amount that was left, I figured it was about 8" long at the least, and a normal sized width for saran wrap. Called the emergency vet and they said to just give him bland bulky food, like bread, mashed potatoes, etc., to help bind it together so he passes it.

Every day when he was doing his business, I'd check the results. Nothing. I started wondering if it snuck out inside one of his turds. I started worrying it was inside him forever. Tonight hubby said it came out. Not on it's own though. The hound walked the entire perimeter of the yard trying to get it out. Hubby said about 2 inches were showing. He pulled and almost 12 more inches came out. He left it in the yard for me to inspect. (Anyone who has dogs can appreciate that I'm sure.) It was just wound up in a big long plastic tube.

Anyways, when hubby came inside to make the announcement, the hound was literally jumping in the air throughout the living room---doing the snoopy happy dance. I haven't seen him so excited in MONTHS.

The things these dogs eat. It's amazing they survive themselves.
OMGoodness is right! Dogs are the best people on earth but, my gosh, they're crazy.

I'm laughing my face off at the part that I put in bold. Been there, done that, appreciate it more than you can even know. Ha!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,584,576 times
Glad the hound was able to finally pass it. One of the guide dog pups my friend raised (a lab) ate a pair of her then young daughters tights so they had to go on poop watch too and a few days later out came the tights. I would imagine it would sort of scrub the intestinal wall..... like scrubbing bubbles . When my dogs have eaten things I worried about passing I not only increased fiber bulk in their food but added a ton of olive oil to lets just say ' lube the tube' hoping it would slide out easier. But humor aside long things like string can cause death if they end up tangled up inside the dog.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
in their food....added a ton of olive oil to lets just say ' lube the tube' hoping it would slide out easier.
That's what I did when my lab ate a knee high tube sock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
But humor aside long things like string can cause death if they end up tangled up inside the dog.
I know! That's why I was on poop watch all week! It's so scary!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,348,265 times
OMG, I am dying here!!! This is so funny! (Glad he's all right, though|!)

Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 AM

687 posts, read 1,493,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Long story short, I ended up pulling several feet of tinsel out of his rear end. .

LOL!!!! This is hilarious. Made me think immediately of a baby bottle brush. A whole new method to colon cleanse!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:16 AM

Hubby told me the hound threw up a plastic baggie this morning!

Old 03-02-2013, 04:49 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Probably time to make sure all the trash is picked up and that the garbage can has a lid. I'm not sure how many times one can lucky.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:56 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Got $40 back that way..... One bill was complete, the other had a ripped corner. Soaked it in detergent, rinsed it and deposited it in the ATM! Money was crispy and smelled great after the wash!

Dog snatched 2 $20s off a countertop

Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Probably time to make sure all the trash is picked up and that the garbage can has a lid. I'm not sure how many times one can lucky.
There is no trash needing to be "picked up." And we keep the kitchen garbage can locked away behind the basement door!

He got the saran wrap because my husband set the leftover meatloaf too close to the edge of the kitchen counter and the hound grabbed it when my husband walked to the other side of the kitchen. They wrestled for it and my husband ended up only getting portion of the saran wrap. Once the dog has something, you can't get it from him.

The plastic baggie was what the cheese from the deli came in. It was empty. There was no cheese in it. This happened days ago and I had a hard time remembering what happened. I was making a sandwich and he snagged the empty bag. I grabbed it and thought I got the entire thing from him. Apparently I didn't. That's why I was perplexed.

I wish I could make my kitchen off-limits, but my first floor is an open concept. There's no way to keep him out of the kitchen. There is no way to train him to not grab stuff. He's very food driven, he's a HOUND.

This dog has always eaten EVERYTHING. When he first came to live with us 10 years ago, he ate all of my upholstered FURNITURE! He even ate the center of my master bedroom MATTRESS. There's a HUGE HOLE in my mattress. Thank goodness it was a flippable mattress. He eats bath soap! I could go on and on about what this dog has eaten.

It's impossible to keep everything away from him other than tossing him out into the yard and leaving him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Got $40 back that way..... One bill was complete, the other had a ripped corner. Soaked it in detergent, rinsed it and deposited it in the ATM! Money was crispy and smelled great after the wash!

Dog snatched 2 $20s off a countertop
Oh, my! That's funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs