Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
It's a shame that the OP seems to have not returned. Last night I got an email of the current dogs in our pound and we have two handsome young golden retriever/yellow lab mixes there. They appear to be about 2 years old, possibly brothers.

I did send him a DM but don't know if he gets email alerts when there is a DM for him.
The two dogs have been pulled from the pound and are now in foster care, scheduled to go on transport to a GR rescue in Northern VA. Had I heard back from the OP one of those dogs might have been on route to him in a matter of days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 06:20 PM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
I emailed the dachshund rescue of Fl.close to 2 months ago,they responded to me that they were a volunteer rescue and that they would get back to me as soon as they could; I guess I own a Doxie now!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
We used to do a home check AFTER you had selected a dog that you wanted. I find it odd that they would do this before.
That is odd. Maybe they'll change their policy after more people waste their time like the OP inadvertently did.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Sounds like they're getting all the footwork out of the way before a dog is chosen? Kind of like "pre-approval."

Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
If the sole purpose of these groups is to find a new home for unwanted animals I cannot understand why they wouldn't be responding to every call or message within 24 hours. That seems counterproductive. Interesting.
I FOUND MY dachshund feb 2 2013 ,I contacted the dachshund rescue office on the 4th of feb......I received a email from them stating they would get in touch........it is now june 23 2013 no response from them.
I think they figure spend a week with a doxie and you wont part with them.........it worked!

Old 06-23-2013, 12:55 PM

157 posts, read 564,350 times
A response from a rescue group sometimes depends on your initial email or phone call. Filling an application out right away lets them know you are serious. There are "window shoppers" out there.
I have received emails with;
"the dog still for sale?"
"my son/daughter wants a puppy"
"I HAVE to have this dog"
No, I didn't respond to all or if I did it was "sorry, already adopted".
If you received a rude or abrupt email or phone call, would you jump at the chance to return it?
Chances are if you aren't making a good 1st impression, a rescue will find someone who will. The animal ALWAYS come first. Money do not guarantee a good home.
Being rude is not going to get you a dog. Most work full time, have children, their own animals.
ON the other side;
I was contacted back by the majority of rescues when I adopted, sometimes it took awhile.

I hope people who are thinking of getting a dog still think of a rescue. A bad group should not stop you, most are great. Be patient and it's meant to be. it will happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs