Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM

440 posts, read 869,412 times

Advertisements

I don't mean just barking.....two of mine do-one makes a grumbling sound when you rub his ears-my Frenchie whines and kind of grumbles and sounds like a little high pitched noises when my husband is annoying me-he stands in between as if to say" stop fooling around" -it's very sweet actually -he's not being aggressive as he jumps onto my husbands lap and flicks his hand up with his head to get the attention! Not sure if he's jealous of me or my husband!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,393,050 times
Mine grumbles at me every time I ask her to do something she doesn't want to do. She isn't being nasty about it - just making sure that I am aware of her feelings on the matter.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 PM

106 posts, read 477,921 times
My dog licks me when he wants to go out...sometimes at 2:00 am, so now I make sure I close my bedroom door!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 PM

687 posts, read 1,497,093 times
Cookie loves to play catch! When I hold up her ball and ask, "Ready?" she actually responds with something that sounds just like, "Ready!" People don't believe it until they see it.

Peanut gets grouchy past bedtime. She'll put her head in my lap and make grumbly/burpy sounds when it's time to go night-night.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,381,238 times
OHH YAH...talkie talkie talkie, Odie grumbles, whines, and pokes me with his snout if he thinks I'm not paying enough attention to him.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,883,734 times
Jack used to actually say Mommy whenever I would come home. Max doesn't really do anything like this, but Molly sings when she wakes up, when she needs to go out, or if she is happy to see you. She also makes this very happy sound like a little growly bear when you rub her belly or her ears.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 AM

5,098 posts, read 12,610,778 times
Chaos as well as the late Jazz grumbled and wooooed and always have to have the last say on things. Jazz use to argue with me if she did something wrong as we did agility and I called her back to redo it. like a missed weave pole rather then just do it she would raise her head up and Woooo arooooo at me. I always felt like she was saying " are you blind I did them all I know I did..you need glasses etc"... she also stood outside the vets agruing with me about going back inside after a walk with her on the day I had to put her down which broke my heart but I should have known she would try to get the very last say. She was not ready to go and wanted to make sure I knew that but I could not put her through what she would have had to have done just to buy a little more time. Friends always felt that not only did Jazz seem to understand much of what was said to her but that she felt that I could understand what she was saying to me ..if only that was true as she was one dog I would have given anything to know what she was thinking as she was the smartest dog I have yet to know.

Dazzle will howl and make other strange hound noises like he is talking to me too.But often I feel more like he is telling me a joke or something silly.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
OHH YAH...talkie talkie talkie, Odie grumbles, whines, and pokes me with his snout if he thinks I'm not paying enough attention to him.
Cute-I have an Odie as well! Great name

Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Chaos as well as the late Jazz grumbled and wooooed and always have to have the last say on things. Jazz use to argue with me if she did something wrong as we did agility and I called her back to redo it. like a missed weave pole rather then just do it she would raise her head up and Woooo arooooo at me. I always felt like she was saying " are you blind I did them all I know I did..you need glasses etc"... she also stood outside the vets agruing with me about going back inside after a walk with her on the day I had to put her down which broke my heart but I should have known she would try to get the very last say. She was not ready to go and wanted to make sure I knew that but I could not put her through what she would have had to have done just to buy a little more time. Friends always felt that not only did Jazz seem to understand much of what was said to her but that she felt that I could understand what she was saying to me ..if only that was true as she was one dog I would have given anything to know what she was thinking as she was the smartest dog I have yet to know.

Dazzle will howl and make other strange hound noises like he is talking to me too.But often I feel more like he is telling me a joke or something silly.
Sounds like great dogs-Must have been hard with Jazz-Two of my dogs really put up a verbal banter when we go to the vet too. I totally believe our dogs understand us and respond to us-some respond like a teenager would -like I hear you but whatever and others are willing and ready to listen and respond! My friend has multiple dogs and they all respond to her-She even has a half pitbull/Dalmatian mix who is deaf and a little neurotic and he understands the hand signals she uses very well.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,407,001 times
My Bear......now passed away.....used to follow me around correcting me until I did what he wanted. Most of the time it was food related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs