U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM

92 posts, read 305,407 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the comments. Her name is Eevee (named after a Pokemon character.) We picked her up about a week ago. The family she came from didn't have any time for her, so they put her up for adoption/sale. I was kind of apprehensive about purchasing her, but she was pretty well socialized, fully vaccinated, and an overall sweet dog. We had reached out to a couple schnauzer rescues, but the demand was so high, we never were able to get a dog we applied for.

We just got her spayed, so she has been recovering the last few days (bounced back quick.) Interesting enough, she's not a barker (other than the initial bark) and pretty good with house-breaking (the only accident was on the first day.) She is so incredibly soft, and an absolutely awesome dog.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 PM

6,895 posts, read 7,990,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randmness View Post
Thanks for the comments. Her name is Eevee (named after a Pokemon character.) We picked her up about a week ago. The family she came from didn't have any time for her, so they put her up for adoption/sale. I was kind of apprehensive about purchasing her, but she was pretty well socialized, fully vaccinated, and an overall sweet dog. We had reached out to a couple schnauzer rescues, but the demand was so high, we never were able to get a dog we applied for.

We just got her spayed, so she has been recovering the last few days (bounced back quick.) Interesting enough, she's not a barker (other than the initial bark) and pretty good with house-breaking (the only accident was on the first day.) She is so incredibly soft, and an absolutely awesome dog.
Congrats!!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM

5,224 posts, read 17,386,179 times
She is adorable, her coloring reminds me of the Havenese

Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,341,153 times
Dang, she LOOKS smarter than most people I know!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 AM

17,330 posts, read 31,004,024 times
What a cutie-patootie!

Evee's a lucky girl to have been in your path. I hope you all have a thousand happy years together.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,307,912 times
wow she is adorable. I have always wanted a schnauzer but ended up with a boxer mix which i love to death!! but maybe one day i will get my schnauzer. enjoy her!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 AM

4,585 posts, read 11,909,989 times
Congrats and like the others I've never seen one that color. Schnauzers are REALLY smart the Standard Schnauzers that the Mini's and Giants were developed from are called "the dogs with human brains".

I will tell you it will take about 6 months for your dog to fully integrate and could become a bit more barky. Schnauzers are one of those breeds that "talk" and make a variety of really funny sounds.

Enjoy your Evee she sounds like she'll be a great joy and lots of fun.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 AM

36,502 posts, read 50,786,197 times
She's adorable! Sounds like a Win-Win situation for everybody involved.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 AM

11,183 posts, read 12,382,204 times
That's so great, she's cute, congrats! I just finished having a Boston Terrier, which are fabulous dogs, but the mini schnauzer is on my very short list of the next breed I like & may get. I love dogs who aren't barkers.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 AM

4,866 posts, read 3,721,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randmness View Post

This is a wonderful update. Good luck with her.

We got my pug Mandy, now passed away, from a similar situation. She was not getting the attention she needed, and she was super hyper. The owners couldn't handle her energy and destructiveness. We had two young children who very quickly wore some of that energy out of her. She turned out to be a huge member of our family for many years. She was 2 when we adopted her, and she passed at 18.

Eevee is a really pretty girl, I love her coloring. (I still think she's got a mischievous look about her!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs