U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM

4,585 posts, read 11,928,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
That may help in the future but you can't brush away the plaque that has already accumulated any more than we can do so for our own teeth.
True, but that Plaque Off will get it off...it's truly amazing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 PM

231 posts, read 496,441 times
My vet found a fractured tooth that had cracked all the way up to his gum line during a routine visit. Just seeing it, I know he was in a lot of pain. She said it was probably caused by him biting on something hard like a dog bone. She recommended not to give hard chews of that nature because they can crack the teeth. She extracted the tooth, took x-rays, and cleaned everything for $300-$350. Because it was a fractured tooth, my pet insurance reimbursed me most of the cost.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 AM

5,254 posts, read 17,426,669 times
Tony's one back in July of 2012 was $200 and that included an extraction. Poor guy was genetically predisposed to bad teeth no matter what I do He has a bad molar in the back now that needs to come out, but I'm a bit uncertain about putting him under. He is starting to show some signs of health issues that I need to address first. However I need a day off when my vet is in town... that has not been easy between Spring Break, a death in their family and my working 55 hours a week.....

Cleo, in her 15 plus years, never had to have a dental.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:34 PM

90 posts, read 301,182 times
We paid $175 last time. Our dog was 10 then, and she didn't handle the anesthesia very well, so we won't do it again.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:13 PM

1,794 posts, read 3,107,753 times
My young Collile's teeth were terrible with plaque even though I brushed. I was told they have a history of dental disease, so I got them done here in SE PA: $400 for the cleaning and pre-blood work which I thought was pretty high.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 AM

33,949 posts, read 21,013,330 times
I was quoted approx $250 for each dog with pre-blood work and anesthesia. My Westie is 6 and has had wonderful teeth up until now ( we credit his ripping out the back yard with his teeth while he digs) and my yorkie is three. I was advised by the yorkie breeder to schedule regular cleanings for the yorkie since their teeth are so small and crammed in that small mouth.

I will admit that I'm horrible at brushing dog teeth. Between the kid, the elderly parent and the job - that IS one chore that doesn't get done.

I'll probably have both done as soon as graduation is over in late May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs