Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 PM

737 posts, read 2,590,239 times

Advertisements

So two members of the pack had upset tummies for 3 days in a row, no change in diet, nothing, just started to have tummy troubles. In the past, I've withheld the full amount of food to give their digestive tracts a break and then a little rice and then boiled chicken with rice. Well, no more! I've read the threads here and voila! The pumpkin (pure, not the kind with the junk in it for pie making), but just a few tablespoons, depending on weight really worked! I'm so happy. One of them ate some crap from the yard so no telling why he had troubles, but the other has had troubles in the past and I've always gone straight to chicken and rice after withholding most of the food for the day, no more I say!

I don't know and don't care why it works, but it really does. Brilliant. Anyway, just wanted to thank all of you that have posted about this in the past. Very awesome. I spent less than 30 min. perusing this board, went to the grocery and as of today.... all is well with the world.

Just FYI for the search engine purposes. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,709,765 times
yes, I always try to keep this with rice and baby food for the dog when she is not well!
I really am happy this works and rice with the boil hamburg or chicken and rice also is ok!
I did find cottage cheese works also since it is different and good with a small poched egg.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 AM

3,606 posts, read 9,070,632 times
If I open a can of pumpkin and don't use it all I just freeze it in ice cube trays and have it ready for the next episode. Glad to hear your pack is feeling better.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,119,496 times
It is a miracle cure! I always give it to Max when his tummy is upset. Usually with some rice and chicken. He loves it and it really doesn't seem to make him feel better. I think this board is where I first heard of it too.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,369,036 times
I have a confession. While housetraining Teddy, I am adding a tablespoon of canned pumpkin to his meals. That way, if he poops in the house, it's firm enough to pick up without leaving a big mushy mess. Okay, so I'm selfish...

Old 05-23-2013, 09:43 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,119,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
I have a confession. While housetraining Teddy, I am adding a tablespoon of canned pumpkin to his meals. That way, if he poops in the house, it's firm enough to pick up without leaving a big mushy mess. Okay, so I'm selfish...
Haha! Max has been a little mushy lately (sorry gross), so he got pumpkin this morning and will for dinner and breakfast tomorrow. We're flying tomorrow evening and I don't want any gross accidents! Maybe I'm selfish too.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,402,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
My guys love pumpkin - it's not selfish at all. Fortunately my 15-year-old male dog poops firm enough without it that I can just pick it up with minimal clean-up. He doesn't have much control these days, unfortunately I dread the day things get "squishy"

Old 05-26-2013, 03:51 PM

7 posts, read 29,172 times
it's not only good for diarrhea and stomach upset, it is also good for constipation. It really is a miracle cure! lol!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:33 PM

737 posts, read 2,590,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
If I open a can of pumpkin and don't use it all I just freeze it in ice cube trays and have it ready for the next episode. Glad to hear your pack is feeling better.
Great idea! Thanks. I've been putting a little on each pack member's treat - jackpot to the pets! They love it and is also a great way to rid of the extra amount in the can as I've come to discover. Seemingly, no adverse reactions but I'm totally on the pumpkin wagon!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 PM

22,873 posts, read 6,449,275 times
We were told to give it to the cat we had a long time ago for bowel problems and
health in general. Later we found it helped the dog....and us too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs