Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2008, 07:58 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times

Advertisements

My past 24 hours:

Last night one neighbor's dog spend the night outdoors and barked continuously. WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF until three in the morning. We call the police. The only thing the police could do was issue a citation.

This morning at 6:15, as is his custom, a different neighbor directly behind me, let his two yappy dogs into the yard. YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP. Then the other dog in the other yard chimed in. YAP YAP WOOF WOOF YAP YAP YAP WOOF YAP WOOF WOOF YAP YAP YAP.

Then this afternoon, mowing the yard on three hours' sleep, I manage to step into a nice big steaming t u r d left by another one of my neighbor's dogs during their daily constitutional around the neighborhood.

Oh, and working in my back yard, both neighbors dogs spent the day barking at me and my kids. YAP YAP WOOF WOOF YAP YAP YAP WOOF YAP WOOF WOOF YAP YAP YAP.

All of which leads me to my question. Do you guys realize how freaking obnoxious and rude it is when owners do not properly monitor their dogs? And don't get all pious on me and say how YOUR dog doesn't do these things. Of course they do. They're dogs.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times
I think certain ignorant posters should be gassed... but I suppose that's a different question altogether.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:17 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,277,343 times
Quote:
Do you guys realize how freaking obnoxious and rude it is when owners do not properly monitor their dogs? And don't get all pious on me and say how YOUR dog doesn't do these things.
I often think they same way only in relation to children and their parents.

You're correct, my dogs bark as they are communicating. However no matter how pious you think it, no my dogs do not live in the backyard nor the neighborhood, they live in our home.

I have one neighbor who works nights and I went out of my way to see if my male, who is more vocal than my female, bothered him during the day when I'd let him out in our yard to move his bowels. He said no, his niose pollution is that of his children

Not sure if your post s intended to stir the bucket or if you're looking for help with your neighbors and their vocal canines. If it's the latter, why not discuss this directly with your neighbors?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:18 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,450,951 times
OH I can only imagine how annoying that is. I have a dog but I don't leave her to become a nuasince to other people. The fact I choose to have a dog shouldn't impact other people.

I personally would take the steaming piles and leave them on the owners door step.

I can't stand noise like that. When I lived in Texas I had a couple neighbors who didn't take care of their dogs, one was allowed to run free and dug up my flower bed, another would come onto my property and steal things, while another guy down the road had really agressive dogs that frightened the neighborhood, the FedEx guy and UPS. This last guy got the idea when I went and got my Dads rifle and told him if he didn't keep his dogs at home, he would find them dead.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,279,465 times
we call my guy in when he barks and won't stop. So nope, not one of those owners.
He barks for a reason, but sometimes his reasoning is off!

sorry you are dealing w/ this.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:57 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,764,676 times
Should all dogs be gasses...???

Um, no.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:37 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,474,514 times
........and on that final note, I'm going to lock this thread. This is a dog forum to discuss dog ownership issues, we can't have a thread with a title 'should all dogs be gassed'.....sorry, this is not the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs