Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 02:07 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times

Advertisements

Family in Dog Beating Video: “We’re Not Horrible People” « KRON4

Simply disgusting. His son thought it was funny ... until it wasn't funny anymore after he posted the video.
The man only received a misdemeanor animal abuse charge today.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:20 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,499 times
There is nothing funny about that. But that is ridiculous he got charged with animal abuse! I didn't know it is a crime to discipline your animal. There is nothing wrong with what that man did.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-28-2013, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
There is nothing funny about that. But that is ridiculous he got charged with animal abuse! I didn't know it is a crime to discipline your animal. There is nothing wrong with what that man did.

You discipline a 5-lb dog by whipping it with a belt as hard as you can until it yells and pees and then kick it across the room?
If you don't see anything wrong with this guy's action, then you're as psychopathic as he is. You're probably the same age as the perp's 17-yo son who thought it was pretty funny.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:54 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,499 times
Actually, if you had adequate comprehension skills, you would understand that in my first sentence that I said that there is nothing funny about that.

I bet you think whooping your children is insane also, don't you?

It is called discipline. You should try it.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:10 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,278 times
OMG, I'm virtually speechless. Corporal punishment to animals and humans is so wrong, I don't know what to say, except that the family in the video need to have their pets re-homed since they don't know how to administer discipline. Makes you wonder if he whips the children the same way?

Old 09-28-2013, 08:28 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,348,265 times
Quote:
Actually, if you had adequate comprehension skills, you would understand that in my first sentence that I said that there is nothing funny about that.

Hitting isn't discipline. Hitting is violence. It also doesn't accomplish anything.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,472,326 times
I wouldn't be surprised if the son got a beating for posting the video online. If the dog was beaten awhile after it ate the sandals, it would not understand what it was being punished for. That dog was not punished out of love; it was punished out of anger. The man kicked the dog across the room. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could think it's okay to whip a 5 lb puppy with that much force.

Instagram Video Shows Man Beating Dog - YouTube

Old 09-28-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:

Funny you mentioned comprehension: did I accuse you of saying it was funny in either of my posts?

What do you know about disciplining a child when you are one yourself? You think it's ok to whip and kick a 5-lb child? At what point would you call it abuse?

At any rate, you don't discipline a dog the same way as a human. They wouldn't understand wtf they're being whooped for.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Funny you mentioned comprehension: did I accuse you of saying it was funny in either of my posts?

What do you know about disciplining a child when you are one yourself? You think it's ok to whip and kick a 5-lb child? At what point would you call it abuse?

At any rate, you don't discipline a dog the same way as a human. They wouldn't understand wtf they're being whooped for.

You're so right. They have a five-second memory of what they just did. For 15 years, I have been correcting my husband, "Honey, stop saying NO to them -- they were misbehaving thirty seconds ago and now they're just looking at you and they think you're scolding them for looking at you!"

Can't train husbands though -- I gave up long ago.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:47 AM

I couldn't watch the video. The dog was being beat for chewing a sandal? Wow, if we beat our dogs every time they chewed socks, underwear, or shoes, our arms would be mighty sore, and the dogs would probably be history. I try to remember to put my things out of reach, and I keep shoelaces on my shopping list every week. Bitter apple spray stopped the little guy from gnawing on the coffee table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs