Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 02:19 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,119,222 times

Advertisements

Boxer! I never considered it because his nose isn't short (but still has some wrinkles which makes some people ask if he's still a puppy), but I suspect you're right. He does hug people that he can't accidentally knock over. He's also very pawsy and I've watched him getting in "swatting" matches with my cat on a few occasions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
hugging and being very pawsy with the front legs are typical boxer traits..... which is one of the reasons i think dave has a lot of boxer in him.... he also leaps and bounds around like a deer when he is playing.... so graceful......

to be honest, i thought rottweiler mix when i saw cheese's pictures.....

here are a couple of my dave..... his momma is a lab, or predominantly lab, no idea AT ALL about who his daddy is.....

i think that combining a lab snout with a boxer snout could produce dave's kinda' odd looking face.....

its a little hard to tell from these pictures, but his head and face look entirely too small for the rest of him..... one of the first things i noticed about him and one the things that REALLY drew me to him.....

he is currently serving as a model on their website for the pure mutt t-shirt that he is wearing in the last picture......

Old 01-28-2010, 05:12 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,270,863 times
Might be some Boxer in there.......hmmmm? I love Boxers,but then I have one!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 05:15 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,119,222 times
He's adorable and he models that shirt so nicely.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:32 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times

Old 01-29-2010, 08:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
hugging and being very pawsy with the front legs are typical boxer traits..... which is one of the reasons i think dave has a lot of boxer in him.... he also leaps and bounds around like a deer when he is playing.... so graceful......

to be honest, i thought rottweiler mix when i saw cheese's pictures.....

here are a couple of my dave..... his momma is a lab, or predominantly lab, no idea AT ALL about who his daddy is.....

i think that combining a lab snout with a boxer snout could produce dave's kinda' odd looking face.....

its a little hard to tell from these pictures, but his head and face look entirely too small for the rest of him..... one of the first things i noticed about him and one the things that REALLY drew me to him.....

he is currently serving as a model on their website for the pure mutt t-shirt that he is wearing in the last picture......

This looks just like my Boxer mix...I would post my picture of him, but I dont think City Data is ready for The Otis...yall are just not ready...He's a seven month old hellraiser and a half...He'll chew you out of house and home if you dont watch him.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:52 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
is otis built like this too??

Old 01-29-2010, 09:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
is otis built like this too??

not quite...he's more Boxer built...I had a lengthy sit-down with The Otis and he gave me clearance to post his pics under one stipulation...he said he doesnt want any copyright infringements or pics of him on nudie sites.

He's an aspiring model, and he's very serious about his career.

P.S. I dont know whats up with his eyes in my camera's flash.
Attached Thumbnails
Pet Picture gallery-otis-2.jpg   Pet Picture gallery-otis-8.jpg   Pet Picture gallery-otis-7.jpg   Pet Picture gallery-otis-1.jpg   Pet Picture gallery-otis-4b.jpg  

Pet Picture gallery-otis-11b.jpg   Pet Picture gallery-otis-12b.jpg   Pet Picture gallery-otis-10.jpg  

Last edited by solytaire; 01-29-2010 at 09:51 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 10:42 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,429,868 times
Otis is a cutie!
I have a Boxer mix who's a total hugger. She's like a 75lb teddy bear. Here's a crappy cell phone photo of her hugging her sister. I have some really funny photos of them from today, but Photobucket isn't working for me right now .

Old 01-30-2010, 05:50 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
We got snow -- a rarity for us here in Charlotte -- and Bandit sooooo wanted to scamper and play. But I live in an apartment complex, and I don't let him off-leash. So here he is looking wistfully at all that snow his mean ol' mommy won't let him play in.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs