Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 PM

609 posts, read 1,259,962 times

Advertisements

ah! more pics of PC, love em hes so precious.

and honey is beautiful...i wanna give her a hug lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
That's actually the spring/summer coat already in! She blew her winter coat through most of march, so aside from a few straggling tufts, we made it through the massive shedding season. She's going to be due for another grooming session soon though, as some of the hairs are getting a bit wild again

And "perfectly content" is probably the best description of her for sitting on the deck. The moment I open the deck door, she comes running from anywhere in the house. Then she'll just sit there and watch everything around her, and usually doesn't ever want to come inside

I guess that's part of her Chow aloofness, she just loves to sit on her own and watch everything, then wags her tail and smiles when you check on her.

(I think I posted this before, but here she is smiling):
Kudos on maintaining that beautiful coat! I had one as a young girl but don't remember what mom did to maintain her hair, just know that she didn't like it.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:40 PM

738 posts, read 2,956,800 times
It can be a chore at times. We get her professionally groomed every 2 months to keep her in order.

To keep on top of it at home, I try to brush her for at least a few minutes every other day or so, although I'll admit that I've been slacking with that more and more lately.

My wife is always amazed at the grooming costs since we end up spending more at the dog salon than she spends getting her own hair and nails done

Old 05-11-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
My wife is always amazed at the grooming costs since we end up spending more at the dog salon than she spends getting her own hair and nails done
I share her pain! My mom asked me the other day what I spend on Edison's grooming (my mini schnauzer) and I told her $35. She said "...and you pay $15 for a haircut for you?"

Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I share her pain! My mom asked me the other day what I spend on Edison's grooming (my mini schnauzer) and I told her $35. She said "...and you pay $15 for a haircut for you?"
That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

(If I'm feeling in the mood, I pay $15 for my haircuts too. If I'm not in the mood for the outing, I get my husband to cut my hair. He complains the whole time because he's afraid he'll ruin it. I have curly hair that's all one length -- there's no way he CAN ruin it.)

Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I get my husband to cut my hair. He complains the whole time because he's afraid he'll ruin it. I have curly hair that's all one length -- there's no way he CAN ruin it.)
Does your hubby have any experience cutting hair? Just good ol' scissors?
Mine is sorta straight, I know my hubby would want to cut bangs on me and it just doesn't look right.

It always looks so rebellious in a movie when someone is running from the law and in a split second goes into a gas station bathroom, cut and dye their hair.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Does your hubby have any experience cutting hair? Just good ol' scissors?
Mine is sorta straight, I know my hubby would want to cut bangs on me and it just doesn't look right.

It always looks so rebellious in a movie when someone is running from the law and in a split second goes into a gas station bathroom, cut and dye their hair.
Experience cutting hair? Him? Oh no... no way! I just force the scissors in his (shaking) hands and tell him to do a good job. (Seriously.)

You could be rebellious... you could let your husband cut bangs. No? Oh, OK. No. (I had bangs as a kid -- they're a heck of a lot of work to grow out.)

Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Experience cutting hair? Him? Oh no... no way! I just force the scissors in his (shaking) hands and tell him to do a good job. (Seriously.)

You could be rebellious... you could let your husband cut bangs. No? Oh, OK. No. (I had bangs as a kid -- they're a heck of a lot of work to grow out.)
You crack me up. I can only imagine!
My bangs get cowlick uber fast, no hair product can tame!
Dogs are awesome; I don't think they get bad hair days!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You crack me up. I can only imagine!
My bangs get cowlick uber fast, no hair product can tame!
Dogs are awesome; I don't think they get bad hair days!
Don't get me started on the frizzies during humid days, OK? I'm so NOT funny on those days. So. NOT. Funny.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:54 PM

MAK -- those pics of PC are freakin' awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs