Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,733,760 times

Advertisements

Does your doggy's doo smell bad/awful? What brand do you feed your little fluff?

After switching from Nature's Recipe to Solid Gold, my eyes are not watering and making me want to gag as I have to pick it up (why can't it just putt it into the sewer? Don't answer it, Riveree, I know the answer).

I do find stool to be heinous after a few liver treats. They smell bad going in and worse coming out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
Can't say it does, as long as it's firm, I'm happy - maybe I automatically hold my breath w/o realizing it when I pick it up - in the winter especially, there's no problem - but I bet the liver would have something to do with it. Have noticed a little looseness when we give them the dried chicken tenders (jerky), they love them but only get them once or twice a week (gobble them up pretty fast but we dole them out sparingly). Mine eat Nutro Natural Choice, sometimes I'll mix in a small sample bag of Wellness, Solid Gold etc.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,107 times
I feed my dog mostly meat and mostly raw food. It doesn't smell bad at all.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:17 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,733,760 times
I don't smell anything anymore. I have read some people see the dog piles 'disappear' shortly with ultrapremium food.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,929 times
My puppy has fart stinks bad and her poop stinkes as well. I feed her chicken soup of the soulf for dog lovers... But I am thinking it is the treats I am giving her. I used to give her hot dogs but now I give her jerky treats and she still have stinky farts and poop. So I am not sure what I am going to do.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
The treats would come into play - does Chicken Soup For the Soul kibble make treats (biscuits)? I don't think I've ever seen any but you could skip the jerky for a while and get another brand of treats (would skip the grocery store brands though), then you'd have your answer :-)

Old 11-30-2007, 12:53 PM

389 posts, read 3,538,768 times
It is poop you know...I think it's supposed to smell bad almost by definition Kidding, I know what you mean. We have adoptee kittens at work and we feed them EVO, and they have the worst smelling nasty runny poop ever.

The things we animal lovers talk about

Old 11-30-2007, 01:50 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,550,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
The treats would come into play - does Chicken Soup For the Soul kibble make treats (biscuits)? I don't think I've ever seen any but you could skip the jerky for a while and get another brand of treats (would skip the grocery store brands though), then you'd have your answer :-)
No chicken soup for the dog lovers does not do treats that I know of. I am having no such luck finding any good treats for the pup. I am thinking I am going have to buy online instead. Has anyone tried this?Wellness dog food, dog with skin problems, pet supplements, herbs for dogs (broken link)

Old 11-30-2007, 05:03 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
(why can't it just putt it into the sewer? Don't answer it, Riveree, I know the answer).
Okay, I'll stay quiet .

I'm glad your poop-pickup is getting more tolerable .

Old 11-30-2007, 05:18 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
I have used Wellness with great results.

I purchase all of my treats online at PetExtras.com - No Recalls on any of our pet products! This is a small supplier that has a lot of single ingredient freeze dried treats for both cats & dogs. The current fave at my house is the freeze dried mouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs