Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 05:24 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

Beautiful dog, I wish both of you a great life together.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 AM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
He's gorgeous!

I note his fur color coordinates with the carpet color!

Old 03-16-2014, 09:48 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
He's gorgeous!

I note his fur color coordinates with the carpet color!
An extra good thing when you're dealing with husky fur!
Congratulations on your new best friend. He's a good looking dog!

Old 03-16-2014, 09:48 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
I'm so happy for you!!!! Beyond thrilled, actually. Ryder is beautiful.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Congrats to you!

Old 03-16-2014, 07:07 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
He's such a good boy. He has a great temperament and is really settling in nicely. My mom came into town today to help with this first week of transition, and he's fallen in love with her. He also showed her that he knows how to shake hands. But he's right-handed. If she reaches for the left paw, he LEAPS into the air. It's hilarious!

I took him to my brother's so he could meet them and their dog -- a Siberian Husky also, who is my Bandit's dad. They did fine together, but I will say that Ryder tried some dominance postures. We were aware and corrected him before he could fully commit, but he was definitely braced to mount. So I'll have to keep my eye on that.

He's very selective about responding to his name. Siberians, though, ARE selective about their responsiveness. He's not unresponsive. It's just that his name doesn't really grab his attention.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:26 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
He is beautiful, I'm glad it's going well.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
Wup, 2:00 a.m. accident in the house.

He woke me up around 1:30 and we went out for a walk. (I live in an apartment, so he has to be walked; can't just be "let out.") He peed. We came back inside. He was still giving me "gotta go" signals so I got dressed again and we went back out. Tooled around the neighborhood for another 10 mins or so. He peed a little here and there. Came back inside. I got into bed and invited him up but he wasn't having any of it. Okay, no problem. I lay down and left him to his own devices.

I could hear his tags jangling as he moved around. Okay. Then he came back into my room and whined a little. I sat up and turned on the light. What's up, buddy? What do you need? Got out of bed and walked into the living room/dining room and bam! Poop smell. Gah. Grabbed paper towels and scooped the poop -- no nice firm stools; soft and yucky mess -- and threw it in a plastic poop bag then out the door. Rounded up Cool Ryder and tossed him in the kennel. Got the Simple Solution, more paper towels, brush. CARPET STEAM CLEANER MACHINE. (I'm sure my neighbors loved that one!) Cleaned everything up. Put everything away. Released the hound. One more trip outside...with NO more pee or poop action, I must say. Then back inside.

Needless to say, I am now completely awake, and Ryder is curled into a Siberian ball about 8 feet away, sound asleep. *shakes head and rolls eyes*

Welcome (back) to the Dog Life!

Old 03-17-2014, 11:50 AM

454 posts, read 495,651 times
LOL Congratulations on your new pooping baby

He's absolutely stunning!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:14 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
Wup, 2:00 a.m. accident in the house.

He woke me up around 1:30 and we went out for a walk. (I live in an apartment, so he has to be walked; can't just be "let out.") He peed. We came back inside. He was still giving me "gotta go" signals so I got dressed again and we went back out. Tooled around the neighborhood for another 10 mins or so. He peed a little here and there. Came back inside. I got into bed and invited him up but he wasn't having any of it. Okay, no problem. I lay down and left him to his own devices.

I could hear his tags jangling as he moved around. Okay. Then he came back into my room and whined a little. I sat up and turned on the light. What's up, buddy? What do you need? Got out of bed and walked into the living room/dining room and bam! Poop smell. Gah. Grabbed paper towels and scooped the poop -- no nice firm stools; soft and yucky mess -- and threw it in a plastic poop bag then out the door. Rounded up Cool Ryder and tossed him in the kennel. Got the Simple Solution, more paper towels, brush. CARPET STEAM CLEANER MACHINE. (I'm sure my neighbors loved that one!) Cleaned everything up. Put everything away. Released the hound. One more trip outside...with NO more pee or poop action, I must say. Then back inside.

Needless to say, I am now completely awake, and Ryder is curled into a Siberian ball about 8 feet away, sound asleep. *shakes head and rolls eyes*

Welcome (back) to the Dog Life!
What a hoot!

In defense of Ryder, maybe he had a little upset tummy from new environment and possibly a change in food? He may have had some rumbles that alerted him something might happen but that did not result in action until he got back inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs