Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,122 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm Kate, my little Keny has been quite stressed lately and i'm looking for ideas to relax him. I've heard about music especially made for dogs, what do you think about it? Have you ever tried ? Does it work ? Any other relaxing ideas?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 12:13 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
I've never used that so don't know its efficacy, but there are clips -- some longer than others -- on YouTube that you can try before making an investment.

All other ideas for relaxing are medicinal -- some prescription, some homeopathic and natural.

What's stressing the little guy out?

Old 02-26-2014, 12:29 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,476,668 times
I remember getting emails selling a cd's made specifically for calming your dog although I never tried them. My pup used to get overly excited when in the car when we went to obedience classes. I am not sure if it the car itself or the idea that she knew she was going to the class. She would whine terribly so I started playing the radio and singing along with it. It took a few times, but it did work. I am not sure if it was just the music or my horrible singing that did it. I have also had a lot of success with aromatherapy. I bought a bottle of Zen Dog , and a few drops of the oil combination on her collar and she relaxes. You can actually she her body stance change.
I am also wondering what is causing the stress. Dogs are so in tune with their owner's moods, is it possible she is taking on your stress? If that is the case, the above won't do much.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:41 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times
Just turn the radio on for him! My dogs liked the Oldies stations but No need to blast dogs hear much better than we do!

Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,109 times
Hi,
I've tried many things and stuff to appease Lolita. I adopted her when she was about 2, she used to fight with other dogs from the shelter all the time. She's never been mean to me but i found out that fighting was her way to communicate with other dogs. There are many dogs in my family and my sister didn't want to come over anymore because of Lolita. Nothing would calm her (i even took her to dog psychiatrist…).
Last X-mas, my wonderful sister offered me a gift voucher from music4dogs.com, including 2 albums ("relaxation" and "a beautiful week with my dog"). To say the truth, I was quite skeptical since I had already tried classical music with Lolita and it hadn't been helpful… i tried as a last One website for Keny : [url]http://www.music4dogs.com/[/url]

Cheers to everybody

Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,608,823 times
Satellite Direct Tv has Dogtv..they have relaxation segments and visuals for dogs too. I used to leave it on for my guys to watch while I'm out...It seems to work too!

Content | DOGTV

Old 02-26-2014, 02:30 PM

8,074 posts, read 12,799,949 times
My dogs love "Pink Floyd - Animals" Particularly the song "Dogs"

Pink Floyd - Animals (Full Album) - YouTube

They will "sing along" with the howling dog sounds.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:13 AM

429 posts, read 972,459 times
go to youtube and search relaxmydog there are lost of free videos/songs to choose from. it puts my dog and boyfriend to sleep!! lol

My dog also like oldies but only male vocal and not played to loud

Old 02-27-2014, 12:27 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,169,564 times
Dogs love soothing music, maybe a little classical, light jazz, even so called "elevator music" but not rock, and definitely not HEAVY METAL. My dog, when he was around, hated loud rock music and worse when we danced he would give us a death ray stare like he couldn't stand it anymore and then attack our feet with his paws and his soft mouth bites. There is actually something called Dog Massage now, too.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM

553 posts, read 1,273,025 times
Friends of our used to leave the radio on NPR when they would leave their Lab home alone. Seemed to soothe him.

I had a Catahoula who loved to listen to classic rock with my husband. For some reason Duke loved the Who.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs