Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 03:04 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,592,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I always go by the prognosis...good outcome likely with high quaility of life I will spend the bucks.
Poor prognosis- dog survives 6 or so months doped up on medications...no thank you, I wouldn't want that for myself or any of my animals.

Without a diagnosis its hard to say...but I ALWAYS consider quality of life.

Also its a hard decision but its really unwise to spend money that you can't afford to.

Jmho

Spot on.

I just wanted to say that I had an 18 year old cat, and when she got ill, I spent a lot of money trying to "treat" it, when really I should have put her down. Within a month she passed, and in the last stages I really felt awful for her (I'm tearing up while thinking about it) and regretted that I didn't let her simply go to sleep. Quality of life is everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 08:38 AM

8,115 posts, read 12,849,179 times
I had to go out of town for a funeral and the kennel just called, the woman that runs it says she think he is suffering. Thankfully she is willing to take him to my vet but from everything that she said it is likely he will be put down today.

When I dropped him off everything seemed stable and I was hoping the antibiotics were working. This seems to be inconsistent with the original diagnosis/problems since there was no throwing up or diarrea involved in the issue. He is not eating and crying when being given water by hand.

I hate it that I won't be with him when he goes.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:40 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,103,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I had to go out of town for a funeral and the kennel just called, the woman that runs it says she think he is suffering. Thankfully she is willing to take him to my vet but from everything that she said it is likely he will be put down today.

When I dropped him off everything seemed stable and I was hoping the antibiotics were working. This seems to be inconsistent with the original diagnosis/problems since there was no throwing up or diarrea involved in the issue. He is not eating and crying when being given water by hand.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!

If it's any consolation at all, Larry will know that you're with him in your heart. He knows that he's adored by you.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:32 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,229,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard.

Larry felt your love, in the end, it's all we have to hold on to. That knowledge and happy memories.

I hope you find some comfort in those memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs