Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,123,769 times

Advertisements

How can anybody be so stupid? I think the dog should be taken to a shelter or vet and checked out and the owner is responsible for all bills involved and have to pass some sort of test or take a class before getting the dog back.

Deputies: Dog locked in hot car rescued while owner was on hike - KPTV - FOX 12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 09:10 AM

757 posts, read 1,329,304 times
I agree. What an idiot. One would certainly think a person would take the dog for the walk with them. Where does the stupidity end.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:32 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,469 times
I 100 percent agree. As I said before, I don't know how people leave animals in the car at all by themselves. Whenever any of my dogs are in the car and we have to go to the store, my mom goes in and I stay with them.
It really doesn't make sense when the car is hot and you could easily take them with you. I'm glad they were rescued.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:47 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,533,861 times
WHY would this poor dog be returned to this person???

Old 08-17-2014, 07:54 AM

30,551 posts, read 16,247,641 times
maybe they should lock the owner in a car while someone takes the dog for a walk.

Just a thought........

Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,142,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
maybe they should lock the owner in a car while someone takes the dog for a walk.

Just a thought........

really good idea. I was to meet my friends somewhere and arrived about 15 minutes early. It was a really hot day (90 degrees) and I certainly could have gone into the restaurant and waited for them. But, I had just listened to a news report where someone (I don't remember if it was dogs or kids) was left in a hot car, and they talked about how quickly the temperature starts to rise. I decided (since I had time to kill) to see how long I would last.

Before I turned my car off, I had the air conditioning blasting, so the interior temperature was probably around 70 degrees. Once I turned it off, and sat there (windows up), it quickly started to rise. By five minutes, I was very uncomfortable; and at ten minutes, I had to get out of the car.

I cannot fathom the uncomfortable feeling of any longer. Do not leave your dogs in cars in anything over 75 degrees with the windows closed!!!

Old 08-17-2014, 05:58 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I 100 percent agree. As I said before, I don't know how people leave animals in the car at all by themselves. Whenever any of my dogs are in the car and we have to go to the store, my mom goes in and I stay with them.
Well, not everyone lives with and/or always does stuff with other people. For us single folks living alone, sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do... but never on a hot day, of course! In comfortable weather, however, I'll leave Rudy for a few if I'm running into a store on the way home (from a park, beach, vet, on road trips, whatever). Not really your concern, unless it's above or below a certain temperature.

Thankfully, where I live the weather is usually quite comfortable year-round; especially when I was up in SF, where it RARELY got above 70 or below 50ish. When I moved down to the south bay, I suddenly realized I'd have to think of these things in the summer! It's never THAT hot even down here, but does get above dog-safe temps for a month or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs