Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 05:18 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,981,298 times

Advertisements

For those of you who were following the case of the vet who kept dogs alive for transfusions and experiments after the owners were told they were euthanized, Dr. Lou Tierce had his hearing this week. The veterinary board decided to suspend his license for 5 years and not revoke it entirely. The suspension means he can still own and run his two veterinary practices, but can't treat animals himself. The fact that he will be 76 when his license is reinstated makes me hopeful he will want to retire at that point.

Lawsuits and animal cruelty charges still pending.

License of Fort Worth vet Lou Tierce suspended 5 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 07:12 AM

3,781 posts, read 4,277,371 times
Everything I would suggest that should be done to the person is illegal, but it sure would be fun!

Old 10-24-2014, 07:19 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,443,570 times
I don't understand why his license wasn't revoked entirely. What he did was just pure evil.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:34 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,314,228 times
I'm very disappointed he can still own veterinary practices. He shouldn't be allowed near animals.

Hoping he dies or retires isn't good enough. Too many employees kept their mouths shut.

Why isn't he in jail? Nothing is going to stop him from doing stuff to animals in his own home.

I hope most people would boycott his practices so he can't afford to employ veterinarians and staff.

Rescue groups should coordinate protest coverage during all hours the clinics are open.

Last edited by Hopes; 10-24-2014 at 09:45 AM..

Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,314,228 times
Ft. Worth Vet's Penalty Not Tough Enough, Dog's Owner Says | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

This article has video of Sid today and his physical therapy for his back legs.

Check out the comments at the bottom of the article, especially this one:

Quote:
Earlene Brashears Pearce

Saw him at walmart buying 50 lb bags of dog chow so he is still doing this to dogs just in a spot that is hidden.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:11 PM

19,679 posts, read 9,635,182 times
I'm disappointed that it is allowed that he can still keep his practice, thus making him or rather, keeping him as the owner
Who's to say that a new employee would be able stand up to him should he ["Vampire Vet"] come in to work and try to tell the newbie to do something to any of the animals that they feel is wrong but fear losing their job if they said no.

That, and still be able to get a dog whenever? Did I read that right?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:31 PM

3,629 posts, read 7,702,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
For those of you who were following the case of the vet who kept dogs alive for transfusions and experiments after the owners were told they were euthanized, Dr. Lou Tierce had his hearing this week. The veterinary board decided to suspend his license for 5 years and not revoke it entirely. The suspension means he can still own and run his two veterinary practices, but can't treat animals himself. The fact that he will be 76 when his license is reinstated makes me hopeful he will want to retire at that point.

Lawsuits and animal cruelty charges still pending.

License of Fort Worth vet Lou Tierce suspended 5 years
I THINK if he ends up with a felony animal cruelty conviction the board will have no choice but to revoke his license.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:38 PM

807 posts, read 1,358,112 times
Justice was not served here.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:36 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,981,298 times
Vet was arrested on animal cruelty charges yesterday and posted bail ($10,000). Trial date unknown at this point. Apparently two different people are suing him for $1M for keeping their dogs alive after they were left to be euthanized. Glad to say he is probably not sleeping well these days.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:58 PM

850 posts, read 3,726,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm very disappointed he can still own veterinary practices. He shouldn't be allowed near animals.

Hoping he dies or retires isn't good enough. Too many employees kept their mouths shut.

Why isn't he in jail? Nothing is going to stop him from doing stuff to animals in his own home.

I hope most people would boycott his practices so he can't afford to employ veterinarians and staff.

Rescue groups should coordinate protest coverage during all hours the clinics are open.
Good point. I think most people would steer as far away from his practice as possible. And if I would have been an employee there, I would have reported immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs