Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,603,681 times

Advertisements

http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/...eport-2014.pdf

I thought this list was sad, but useful. Read it to find out where the bad puppy mills are located in your state and to learn who runs them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
It's a perpetual holocaust for these wonderful creatures who want only to give their unconditional love.

May these scoundrels who treat them this way die horrible deaths and rot in Hell.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:02 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Martha Drozdik and Anthony Drozdik, Ohio Puppy (ohiopuppy.com), Youngstown, OH and West Virginia Puppy, Martinsburg, WV.– Investigated by USDA and Martinsburg, WV Sherriff’s Department for, among other things, selling puppies obtained from unlicensed breeders and transporting puppies from Ohio to West Virginia without a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. Anthony and Martha Drozdik are connected to two massive puppy-selling operations, one in West Virginia called West Virginia Puppy, wvpuppy.com, (which was in The HSUS’s Horrible Hundred report in 2013) and one in Ohio called Ohio Puppy, ohiopuppy.com. Each operation sells an

This OHIO breeder is also Located in WV!!!! Read the Whole story!!

Old 05-28-2014, 06:49 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,376,409 times
Lanzie
“Junior” Horton

Millersburg, OH:
NO NEW INFORMATION
USDA fines for repeatedly selling puppies
wholesale without a USDA license were increased to more than
$100,000 in 2013 Still holds a county license in 2014.

This man operated the biggest puppy mill in VA. Over 1,100 dogs were seized. I spent two days helping with the processing of those poor dogs and the condition and smell of so many of them was horrific. He was convicted here and said he would just move to another state.

This mill led to changes in VA law about how many dogs could be kept.

Notorious Va. Puppy Miller Sentenced Under New Puppy Mill Law : The Humane Society of the United States

I remember sitting in court and a bailiff was just a few feet from me. I was so tempted to grab his gun and shoot Horton. Maybe I should have.

I think that the best way to shut these kinds of operations down is to go after them for income tax evasion since I doubt that most of them report the majority of their income.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:58 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Any and all Amish owned puppy mills are the worst. The Amish do not take care of their animals...at all...to them they are property and treat them all (including the horses) like trash.

Anyone who buys a puppy from a pet store *unless it's an adoption fair* is supporting these puppy mills...you're not rescuing a puppy, you're opening another spot for a poorly breed animal to fill.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
I have a few names I got a list from someone in my resources from the agency I foster for :
shake a paw greenbrook NJ
Silverado Puppies Las Vegas NV
Misty Lane Kennels , buffalo Missouri
Mittlewest German Shepherds Woodstock Illinois
Brentwood Bulldogs Royal Palm Beach Florida
Healy Noble friends of Dixieland , Mt Juliet Tn .
If any of you bought puppies or got puppies from any of these you bought or adopted a puppy mill dog and that is very sad that there are tons more we don't know about Im sure ...

Old 05-28-2014, 01:10 PM

45 posts, read 79,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Any and all Amish owned puppy mills are the worst. The Amish do not take care of their animals...at all...to them they are property and treat them all (including the horses) like trash.

Anyone who buys a puppy from a pet store *unless it's an adoption fair* is supporting these puppy mills...you're not rescuing a puppy, you're opening another spot for a poorly breed animal to fill.
also the hugest! according to somebody i knew whose rescue did runs up to "amish country" in my state ,
am stunned that the towns of "LAncaster" are not listed in either Pa or Ohio (is there a city/town called "lancaster" in Missouri too with amish puppy mills? Im not sure). they make regular puppy millers look like small scale chump change because who is going to bother them?

Old 05-28-2014, 01:30 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyOf5 View Post
also the hugest! according to somebody i knew whose rescue did runs up to "amish country" in my state ,
am stunned that the towns of "LAncaster" are not listed in either Pa or Ohio (is there a city/town called "lancaster" in Missouri too with amish puppy mills? Im not sure). they make regular puppy millers look like small scale chump change because who is going to bother them?

They're in Indiana and Michigan as well....from the outside they look so quaint and pleasant...but on the inside it's one big cult. They don't treat their kids any better than they treat their dogs and yes, they are the largest millers around.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,966 times
Ive bought 2 Wheaten Terriers from Misty Lane Kennels in Buffalo, MO and they are 2 of the best dogs I have ever owned!!
And the owner of the kennel was awesome and so helpful and sweet...

Old 12-09-2014, 10:38 AM

5,885 posts, read 6,953,089 times
I found it interesting that my state (North Carolina) is not included. There was a proposed puppy mill bill this year, but failed for political reasons. The shelter where I volunteer has assisted with taking puppies from a couple puppy mill busts this year. It was really sad to see how frightened/shut down some of them were. There were also a few that had been used for breeding for years and were in bad shape from being neglected. The good news is that all were adopted and are surely in better places now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs