Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 10:36 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,751,304 times

Advertisements

Rescue Dog Saves Kid From Impending Water Fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpCte1Lbf0o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 12:23 PM

32,781 posts, read 48,555,685 times
Not so funny for the kid being rescued against his will.

Very irresponsible dog owners. A dog trained to pull things from the water should also be trained to drop an item that doesn't need rescue.

If I'd been the parent of that child, the dog owners would have been in a heap of trouble. It's lucky for them that the child was towed face up instead of face down.

Not cute.

Adding: Wyatt McRiot is trained to pick up items and give them to me. Part of that training is that he only picks up items that I request and he drops any item immediately when I tell him to drop it. I sure hope those idiots did not set their dog on that child and tell the dog to bring the child in. "He thinks he is rescuing you" and laughing while the child is crying. What jerks.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:28 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,249,086 times
I thought it was pretty funny. Parents were obviously standing on the dock, and laughing, so they thought it was funny too. The kid wasn't crying, he said "hey...hey..." as a complaint to the dog for being "rescued." He was not in any danger, just annoyed.

Sorry you were offended, but I think most will find the post funny and cute.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:36 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,392,361 times
I have to agree with oregonwoodsmoke; I didn't find the video amusing at all. It came across as disturbing more than anything else. The child who was being towed looked quite upset, and the person who was giving the dog a command to "let it go" and "stop!" (assuming this was the owner) had no control over the dog...that is, the dog did not obey the commands, and the person was not within reach to stop the dog physically.

While it seems cute that a dog will tow things out of the water, including children, and it appears like the dog was "rescuing", it was an irresponsible thing for the adults to do, allowing an untrained dog to pull a child like that. As woodsmoke mentioned, it's a good thing the child wasn't towed face down. I found the laughter of the adults as the dog ignored the commands and continued to drag the child disturbing, and their actions quite irresponsible.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:10 PM

32,781 posts, read 48,555,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
........ Parents were obviously standing on the dock, and laughing, so they thought it was funny too. .........
What makes you think that the owners of the dog were the parents of the child? Or the laughter was coming from the parents of the child?

Old 12-16-2014, 12:54 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,249,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
What makes you think that the owners of the dog were the parents of the child? Or the laughter was coming from the parents of the child?
What makes you think they weren't?

I guess it's possible the kid woke up, left his house, traveled to the lake home of some strangers with a dog that is trained to drown children, put on a life jacket, and went for a swim with total strangers hanging out and laughing at his predicament but my bet is it's his folks. I could be wrong...

Old 12-17-2014, 05:09 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,558,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
What makes you think they weren't?

I guess it's possible the kid woke up, left his house, traveled to the lake home of some strangers with a dog that is trained to drown children, put on a life jacket, and went for a swim with total strangers hanging out and laughing at his predicament but my bet is it's his folks. I could be wrong...
I'm with you. I have no idea what those other posters are talking about. That child was not crying, not sure where that came from. That was simply not true. She didn't even seem upset to me, just kind of a puzzled look as she tried to figure out a situation she has never been in. She was in "danger" for about a second as she turned over near the shore but her face never once went under water, then for a half a second on the shore, before turning right side up as the dog dragged her. The parents were right there, obviously (as you said who leaves a child that young alone?) and they were laughing. If they didn't have a problem with it then nobody here should either IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs