Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times

Advertisements

I am pretty sure he was a mans dog. He gets so excited when my husband comes home. He gets excited when people like the plumber are at the house.....all of that good stuff.

I think he was a mans dog, he loves men.

What I know is that he is MY dog, and he loves me. He stays by my side at all times and if my husband is walking him, he always looks back to make sure I am ok..... Oh boy do I love my pup!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 08:44 AM

986 posts, read 1,867,490 times
Usually dogs have a gender preference. It doesn't mean that his previous owner was a man, necessarily. My parents have a dog that we got as a puppy and she was raised around 3 women (my mom, sister and I) and 1 man, yet she just goes crazy for men! She loves the attention of men! It's so funny.

My dog, who I got as a 4 year old, lived with a male his entire life and yet prefers females. It's interesting how dogs have a preference.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:14 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
A man turned him in to the shelter. The paperwork shows that he has been around men, women, and children, and he does well around everyone.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:28 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,989,057 times
My blue heeler looooves men. She is a brazen hussy When I took her to the company picnic last year she was shameless in how she threw herself on her back for the men to rub her belly and then wiggled all over for them- too funny. Most women she is just sort of meh about, but boy does she ever put on her party hat for the boys.

Who knows why dogs go so nutty for one person or gender over another. Maybe it is because you are home a lot with him so when your husband comes home he goes a little bonkers because he hasn't seen your husband all day?

How great that Obie has two great parents that he clearly adores

Old 02-24-2016, 09:33 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,548,535 times
We have two yorkie-poos. Our oldest is 16 and she's a daddy's girl through and through. Our youngest is 3 1/2 and she loves my hubby but I'm the one she sticks to after fussing about him when he comes home at the end of the work day.

It's funny, one of our labs simply LOVED two men friends of ours. She was completely smitten by them when they came to visit. They were from different circles and never visited together until ONE time by coincidence. Our lab didn't know which one to go to, she was so joyfully confused. It was hilarious watching her go from one man to another, back and forth. They both loved her too and she knew it. RIP sweet girl. (passed years ago, but took a part of my heart)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs