Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:21 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,583,573 times

Advertisements

My friend Carla just adopted an akita/husky puppy, and brought him over to play with my pack today and get him socialized...his name is Brock, and he is a BEAUTY! His personality is awesome too, he is very sweet & mellow. He was a little scared of my doggies at first, but by the time he left, he was running and playing with them as though they have been friends for years. She will be bringing him over to play every Monday from now on, which will be great for my little ones too, as they will get used to being around big dogs, (he is going to be HUGE, we think...) Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Akita/Husky Puppy Pix!-brock.jpg   Akita/Husky Puppy Pix!-img_0525.jpg   Akita/Husky Puppy Pix!-img_0519.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 04:27 PM

200 posts, read 979,347 times
Awww...I think I'm in love...what a handsome fellow, he is gorgeous...don't come looking for me when he comes up missing

Looks like he's going to be a handful, thank you for sharing the pics. Looking forward to more in the future.

Where did your friend adopt him for?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
What a handsome fellow! I might also have to do some midnight raiding! LOL. Seriously, he's a great looking dog and I am sure will have a great eprsonality to match - you can tell by the eyes.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Actually, one of the doctors she works for at the animal emergency center has the mama, (the litter was not planned...) and my friends sister took in a sibling pup...the good thing is this doctor has agreed to do all vaccinations and the neuters for free. I believe there are 2 more pups that have also been adopted already. I will keep the pix coming as he grows!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
What a handsome fellow! I might also have to do some midnight raiding! LOL. Seriously, he's a great looking dog and I am sure will have a great eprsonality to match - you can tell by the eyes.
Yeah, he is a really, really good dog already and listens very well...he did not even have one accident inside my house, either! (he is only 7 weeks, and he drank a TON of water when they all came back in from their outside romp!)

Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,028 times
Very intelligent dogs, Husky.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Very intelligent dogs, Husky.
Both Akitas and Huskies are very docile and intelligent dogs.
Combine that with the courageousness and protectiveness of a Akita and the social and easy-going nature Husky on your hands, it's the perfect dog...LOL or close to perfection.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:12 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliko View Post
Both Akitas and Huskies are very docile and intelligent dogs.
Combine that with the courageousness and protectiveness of a Akita and the social and easy-going nature Husky on your hands, it's the perfect dog...LOL or close to perfection.
I've known some wonderful, intelligent Akitas and Huskies--but easygoing and docile, they were not.
As a matter of fact, one of the Akitas I knew was quite a you-know-what (starts with B, rhymes with rich) who picked many a fight with other dogs.
It's wonderful that Carla wants to get her adorable little guy socialized.
I also think it's a good idea with any large dog to make sure they know who is boss.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:32 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,494,196 times
I just want to hug Brock! What a cute puppy. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I've known some wonderful, intelligent Akitas and Huskies--but easygoing and docile, they were not.
As a matter of fact, one of the Akitas I knew was quite a you-know-what (starts with B, rhymes with rich) who picked many a fight with other dogs.
It's wonderful that Carla wants to get her adorable little guy socialized.
I also think it's a good idea with any large dog to make sure they know who is boss.
It's a generalization, but the above are correct and true temperament(breed worthy) for both dogs, any who are not so like the Akita you mentioned above are not standard.
The true correct temperament for an Husky is docility, intelligence, and a sociable easy going nature.
The true correct temperament for an Akita is docility, intelligence, courageousness, and fearlessness.

Of course there are those who do not follow the correct temperament but on a standard level, they should.
Both breeds require a knowledgeable and strong minded owner, I've seen plenty of Akitas and Huskies not respond to an owner/person because it founded it's actions absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs