Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 08:05 PM

624 posts, read 371,700 times

Advertisements

I lost my beloved boston terrier she was only attached to me in January. Parker we were attached to each other and she had her own personality where you couldn't really train her to not bite.
Then my mom gave me one of her dogs another boston terrier that was attached to me. I bond with this dog alot. She loves to play and loves to walk. I live close to my mom and every time she see's my mom she gets excited and i get super jealous.
I intend one day to make this dog into my therapy dog and at the same time my mom still wants to show the dog and breed it..i love boston terriers but i get so jealous of it.

How can i make the dog really attach to me?

I feed her the food she wants, play, walk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 08:15 PM

Plus this dog is very sensitive and sometimes hides underneath my bed

Old 06-19-2015, 08:35 PM

372 posts, read 534,952 times
Show the dog a lot of love, and be tender with it.

Hopefully over time your mother will let you have it for good.

Good luck.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:05 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,812,892 times
You can get the dog to love and appreciate you with kindness, care and bonding, but you can't force any being to unlove or detach from someone else. Just because the dog is happy to see your mom doesn't mean she does not love you too.

I got a dog when I was 15. At 19 I moved away to college and he stayed with my parents. He started to hang out with my sister, then my mom when my left about a year later. He would follow my mom around the house, go for walks with her around the property, help her hang up laundry, and sleep on the floor on her side of the bed. Whenever I came to visit (every few months), he would lose his mind! He would climb up into my lap, snuggle his head next to me and lick my face whimpering with joy and stay by my side until I left.

When I graduated and moved at 22, he came to live with me. We were back to how we were when I was in high school. He was my shadow and companion. Whenever my parents came to visit, he would see my mom and get so excited! He would run up to her for pets and kisses and whimper with excitement! He was such a good boy and I miss him so.

Just because he loved my mom didn't mean he didn't love me too. The amazing thing about dogs is they will love anyone who treats them with kindness and affection. Don't be jealous that your dog loves your mom, because she loves you too. And if getting to see your mom makes her feel good and happy, then it should make you feel happy too.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:42 PM

18,410 posts, read 19,061,181 times
as penny said just because the dog loves your mom doesn't mean he doesn't love you. my dog loves everyone. get over your jealousy, it is an ugly emotion and not worth the mental anguish.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:18 PM

Okay thats makes sense thank you

Old 06-20-2015, 12:47 AM

5,096 posts, read 12,603,993 times
My dogs get super excited to see any human they know as they both love people. It does not mean they love me any less they are just very social dogs.We ran into a neighbor that they had not seen in months and first Dazzle let out a howl- squeal of delight followed by other strange noises as Chaos barked, wiggled and danced in delight. The closer the neighbor got the louder they both got and if they could have done back flips or turned them selves inside out they would have. It was quite a scene but that is how they get with people they know and like, I guess they see their job as making people feel important.

When Dash was alive and we would visit my parents he would always sit with my mom if we watched TV and sort of ignore me.Joking I said " Oh my boy loves you more then me" My mom said No he doesn't as if you leave this room he will be right behind you and she was correct. He may have schmoozed with her but he was right behind me if I got up. When I visit my sister her dog is that way with me,she will sit with me even sleep with me but if my sister leaves the room she follows her. They are just very social beings and tend to love seeing the people they know. Chaos even gets excited to see the vet!

Old 06-20-2015, 04:06 AM

16,327 posts, read 10,458,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
You can get the dog to love and appreciate you with kindness, care and bonding, but you can't force any being to unlove or detach from someone else. Just because the dog is happy to see your mom doesn't mean she does not love you too.

I got a dog when I was 15. At 19 I moved away to college and he stayed with my parents. He started to hang out with my sister, then my mom when my left about a year later. He would follow my mom around the house, go for walks with her around the property, help her hang up laundry, and sleep on the floor on her side of the bed. Whenever I came to visit (every few months), he would lose his mind! He would climb up into my lap, snuggle his head next to me and lick my face whimpering with joy and stay by my side until I left.

When I graduated and moved at 22, he came to live with me. We were back to how we were when I was in high school. He was my shadow and companion. Whenever my parents came to visit, he would see my mom and get so excited! He would run up to her for pets and kisses and whimper with excitement! He was such a good boy and I miss him so.

Just because he loved my mom didn't mean he didn't love me too. The amazing thing about dogs is they will love anyone who treats them with kindness and affection. Don't be jealous that your dog loves your mom, because she loves you too. And if getting to see your mom makes her feel good and happy, then it should make you feel happy too.

OK this was an awesome post.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:35 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,812,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
OK this was an awesome post.
Thank you .

Old 06-20-2015, 04:04 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,713,423 times
There's something like of sad and disturbing about your post - as if you had a close friend but resent that she has other friends.

If anything, you should be proud that your dog has a good memory. We had a wonderful dog who loved us, but there were two people that he was always delighted to see, my grandfather and my mother's best friend. We always thought it was endearing that the dog remembered them, even if he hadn't seem them in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs