Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 01:01 PM

26 posts, read 25,497 times

Advertisements

We had 3 dogs.
Now down to one.I miss my two dogs and are saddened by their demise.

We keep vascillating on getting another one but we spent so much time at the Vets.I just can't imagine being so beaten down by Vet bills again.

So just going to enoy this one and take excellent care of her.This is the plan right now,hope we can stick to it.

Anyone else who feels this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 02:41 PM

454 posts, read 492,750 times
I have 4 - and CareCredit

I only planned on having 2 but I failed LOL

Having said that, I know I wouldn't be able to add any more and give them all the attention they deserve so my line is drawn. Volunteering with rescues let's me share some extra love with other pups, too.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:43 PM

4,842 posts, read 4,127,266 times
We had three...but they have all since passed. Before the last one died we adopted one and we still have him. I would LOVE to have at least one more, but my husband has said we need to wait awhile. He's right. We just moved and it was hard enough with the one dog. And now we are getting settled and in a rental, so it's kinda hard to have another one. We'll buy a house eventually and we will have at least two dogs. Maybe more!

Old 12-09-2015, 02:51 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,977,707 times
We have 3- his GSD and my 70 pound ball of crazy hound and maltese/poodle. Between them, the cats and our llamas, we have way more than enough to keep our hands full.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:58 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,793,384 times
Two and it is the magic number with me. I don't know how people have 3 dogs. If you lived in a house I could maybe see it but I see people in these apartments with 3 dogs. How do they not feel crowded?

I do want a rabbit but my dogs probly won't let me heh and I don't really have money or the space for the cage. I miss having one not that I don't love my dogs of course..idk it is hard to explain.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:23 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,222,409 times
I have two that I intended, Tuck and Taffy. I also have Herman, my dumped 11-12 YO Dachshund that we will keep until he passes (the dog is Friggin' Merlin, and gets younger and healthier by the day!), and today, my long term foster "Farmer" was returned to the OSPCA by his adopters (he is "energetic," wow, who knew a 1 YO hound could be "energetic?" Idiots!). Farmer is with me in the office right now, and may well end up as a 4th permanent member of the pack.

Two is the right number of dogs...
... Says the man who has four!

Old 12-09-2015, 03:35 PM

13,912 posts, read 39,111,696 times
2 LL wont let me have more LOL

Old 12-09-2015, 03:51 PM

1,655 posts, read 1,892,856 times
I laid my Dobe/Rott to rest a few months back.

That left my Catahoula alone and withdrawn.

I brought another, younger and full of the business, Catahoula home from a shelter. He has got my older dog playing, happy and losing some much needed weight.

I didn't plan on having to take in my neighbor's 12 yr old Lab when they moved. It was either me take her or she was going to the pound. Had I known that, I most likely would not have gone looking for this younger Catahoula.

So now I have three until the Lab tells me she is ready to catch up with her friends in the woods behind the barn.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:10 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,277,273 times
I have 3. A Catahoula who is basically my soulmate and my faithful old border collie, who is the dog that got me through the toughest times of my life. The border collie (now almost 16) is supposed to be dead according to the vet, who predicted her demise within 2 months.... 7 months ago. (Apparently kidneys are irrelevant to her survival. Who knew?)

Which is why, when the perfect kelpie mix came up for adoption two months after she was supposed to be dead I jumped at the chance to get him. He is a complete joy, but I only expected to have three dogs for a short time. I will take what quality time with my old girl that I can get though.

My roommate who rents the upstairs bedrooms from me has two dogs. So there are 5 dogs in the house. Amusingly, we are much quieter than the houses around us with one or two dogs. Go figure.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:28 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,214,532 times
We have four Treeing Walker Coonhounds.

2 girls......and 2 boys.

They hunt bear and are our pets too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs